Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn D56SWCE  (Read 5222 times)

Offline Rocky21

• View Profile
Washburn D56SWCE
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:08:09 PM »
Hey folks, new on the board here, been a lurker for a while, lol. I'd like some open and honest feedback. I own a D46SCE and love it, love it, love it. My son is 17 and starting to learn and wants an acoustic electric. I found a Washburn D56SWCE with Factory hardcase for $450 shipping included on eBay. It was a return because it hisses when plugged into an amp, the guitar is brand new except for a couple hrs at best of playtime. I called Washburn directly and they told me it was most likely a ground issue and they are sending for FREE a new under the saddle pickup and output. All I'd hafta do is pay someone to install them which would run around $40.00 approximately. So my question is, what am I missing here? This sound like one of those deals that is too good to pass up. The guy I bought it from has a high positive rating and a 30 day return policy. Did I get a great deal or is this about what it's really worth? Also, is the D56SWCE as great a guitar as everything I've read about it? Thanks folks for your feedback. Rocky

Offline Texas Flatpicker

• View Profile
Washburn D56SWCE
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:39:47 PM »
Got a heck of a deal. Thats a pretty dang good deal too.As for the guitar, I play that model however, I do not and have not played with it amplified since I have owned it. I play through a mic when needed.
That deal is so good its scary.

Offline DDejon

• View Profile
Washburn D56SWCE
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »
I have a similar experience; I found the same guitar on ebay used only once (yeah right) in excellent condition for a buy it now price of 350$+50$shipping. I bought and I cannot wait to get my hands on that D56swce. The week before I passed on a D52sw that went for 300$+24$ shipping. I have no idea why the high end Washburn solid wood acoustics have been discontinued but if you do not have one buy one now. I have other Washburns, a DD55swce and a DD18sw. I bought those 2 new and they sound better then the vast overwhelming majority of guitars from other manufacturers; but I am sure that you knew that already.

Offline DDejon

• View Profile
Washburn D56SWCE
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 02:10:25 AM »
I have my D56swce and it has been set up and it is awesome; more so in fact then any review that I have read so far. Why would anyone pay thousands for an acoustic guitar when washburn is still making high quality solid wood acoustic guitars that are almost always guaranteed to perform at the highest levels of music? I do not know, this guitar looks as good as it sounds.