Washburn Acoustic Guitars Forums > Travel Series including The Rover

W-ROMP pickup

(1/4) > >>

rblee:
W-ROMP pickup

Anyone know where I can get one of these from?

I live in UK, and the UK distributor claims they're not allowed to sell these. I tried Janet Davis, but by the way they don't answer emails any more, it looks like they may have succumbed to the insurmountable opportunity that is capitalism. I can't find it at all on the main Washburn website.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

binder1:
I'll check around and see what I can find out.
Try:
http://www.lamusic.ca/Washburn-ROMP-Acoustic-Pick-Up-Kit-for-RO10-p/romp.htm

cspan:
quote:Originally posted by rblee

W-ROMP pickup
I tried Janet Davis, but by the way they don't answer emails any more, it looks like they may have succumbed to the insurmountable opportunity that is capitalism.

What do you mean by that? Do you think they are out of business, or just too busy to deal with email? Their website currently shows availability of the pickup, $24.50 USD.

rblee:
I just meant that they weren't answering emails, which can point to insolvency. Pretty much what I wrote, in fact.

My order was fulfilled about three months after your post (a total of about 9 months after the order), and without comment, so I really can't speculate on their internal issues.

When a vendor doesn't answer email from existing customers about their outstanding orders it doesn't usually bode well in my experience, and I had given up on them so it was a nice surprise when it showed up - Viva Janet Davis Music!

I guess I must be pretty impatient compared to you :).

cspan:
Do you ever wonder why no one else sells the EZ ROMP pickup mic? It seems so nifty and well-priced. I'm wondering if there are tons of returns from people who get feedback problems. Or maybe it's full of lead and other fun metals from the far east.

I get the feeling that, even if buyers get the EZ to work, in most cases, it ends up being a $35 endpin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version