Username: Password:

Author Topic: Got a X 50  (Read 2487 times)

Offline grousehunter49

• View Profile
Got a X 50
« on: April 11, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »
I got a X 50 two days ago, Ser 03----- 2003 is this right? Mog body, quilted maple top, big X between 11 and12 fret, 3 way switch, 2 silver knobs, tone one pulls out, rosewood fret board, grover tuners. mint condiction, I love it, Got any info on her? Thank you. New to this site. Ho yes, pickups are marked neck W 621 bridge W 623

Offline Darragh

• View Profile
    • http://www.bandasandors.cl
Got a X 50
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »
Igot a X50 QCRB some days ago, and I don't know about procedence, quality, and may be the same than yours. My guitar has a pull-push also, set neck, very nice sound, tunners marked Goove 18-1, Serial number NV 03030010. I will appreciate some information. Thanks a lot!!!!
Hector Foster

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Got a X 50
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:44:57 PM »
welcome Darragh. And yes that is 2003. I had a X50, 2008. They are very good guitars as you already have found out. Hope you enjoy it, as much as I did mine. I am one of those type, that keeps changing guitars to keep my interest up.  Tom[:)][:)]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:46:41 PM by t.y. »

Offline Blackdogxx

• View Profile
Got a X 50
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »
RX50, new in 2011, black burst finish with the 'Duncan USM' humbuckers and Grover lookalike tuners. String through body.

Basic design, but in mahogany topped with maple and a set neck plus quite good pickups, it's a nice guitar and can be had for very cheap!

I mean eBay 'best offer' of $260 cheap and shipped free!

I have a PRS SE in korina that needed a P90 in the bridge and the Washburn RX50 is its match in tone and plays well.

String height is perfect at fret 12 (1/16 fret top to string bottom) and the nuts slots are almost perfect, but close enough no work is actually needed. Intonation is fine and it was nearly in tune from the shipping box! Beautifully finished and a good design. Plus all the Washburns have Feiten and it makes a difference!

For under $300 or for $600, this is a lot of guitar. China built and cheap to buy for a fun guitar that can rock, so country and old rock and roll as well as blues. Very versatile sound. And I have owned and played all the good stuff over the years (Eric Johnson and Jimmy Vaughn Strats, Bill Crook custom Tele, etc.) The RX50 with a set neck and good quality (save for the mediocre tuners and marginal pots) generally is a lot of guitar for the $.