Username: Password:

Author Topic: I would like to know if this is an X50PROQ  (Read 3291 times)

Offline djluis48

• View Profile
I would like to know if this is an X50PROQ
« on: April 15, 2011, 07:13:37 AM »
First of all, i would like to say hi to all the people here, and would like to thanks Washburn for making great instruments.

Now, i just bought my first Washburn yesterday, second hand, and i want to make sure that is a X50PROQ. At first glance, it have most of the features that the X50PROQ have, mahogany Set neck, mahogany body with a quilted maple top, tune-o-matic bridge, string thru-body, Grover tuners, 2 Seymour Duncan pups. Everything its okay untill there, but on the truss rod cover, it says X50, not X50PRO, like i have seen on pictures. Plus it have an X on the 12 fret, and the one in the catalog doesn't have one...

Im going to upload pics later. Any toughts?

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 11:45:53 AM »
I have a 2008 X50 standard, and it has 2 Randell pup,s. I think if yours has S.D. pup,s it is more than a standard X50. The Washburn store by me has a X50PROQ, and it has 2 S.D. pups. Also could have someone changed them in the past?  Any way it is a well built guitar.

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »
Hi djluis, real nice guitars the X series, I've had a couple myself. The 2003 X50 model I had was made in Korea and had the X at the twelth fret, this came with Washburn pickups installed. It's my understanding that the Q after the model number denotes a Quilt finish is applied. The fact that yours has SD pups installed would point to yours being a Pro model. OK they could have been an aftermarket swop, but a look iside the control cavity at the soldering will give you an idea if this is the case, as the SD pups wiring is different from Washburns. There are likely to be unclean contacts, with residue of old solder on unused points. As for the X 50 on the truss rod cover, I wouldn't take much notice that the PRO is missing, if the contact points are clean of solder, then I would say you do have the PRO version of a great guitar series. Have fun.

Offline djluis48

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »
Hi guys! Thanks for the reponses! I have emailed Washburn about my guitar, and they told me that it is a 2002 X50, and back in 02 they didn't have X50PRO, so i guess that it was an aftermarket swap. I was quite dissapointed because i was reading lots of great reviews about the X50PRO, and i was thinking in sending the guitar back, but i played it a couple of hours and i like it a lot now, so im going to keep it...at least for now. Thanks for the info! Hope to see you around!!

Offline mrleira

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 07:41:56 AM »
djluis48,
I own a X50 that came with Randall pickups. It is a great, great guitar my friend. I swop the picks for a set of brasilian made pickups (www.sergiorosar.com) bridge with a version of Tone Zone and neck with a version of paf. The paf was ok but the Tone Zone gave me an insane sound. Too much gain for a neck-through guitar. I am going back to the Randalls.
Anyway, you have a great guitar.