Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburm D46CESPKIQ. DigiQ 10 question!!??  (Read 6129 times)

Offline ferrari1

• View Profile
Washburm D46CESPKIQ. DigiQ 10 question!!??
« on: April 24, 2011, 02:21:12 AM »
Hello. I m new here and I was wondering if anyone can help with some question..  I m thinking of buying a Washburm D46CESPKIQ DIGIQ 10. But I can't seen to find any info on the internet or anywhere for that matter... Can anyone or anybody help me to get the exact info on this guitar. Also the manual. The sale man couldn't find the manual anywhere. Do this guitar even have one? I want to reset the DigiQ once I buy this guitar. Please help!!! I only got 1 day left to make my decision!!! help!!
Thanks
Ferrari!

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:23:50 PM »
Here's a bit of info re: the model number--

D=Dreadnought body style, a large body with square shoulders on the upper bout.  Probably the most popular style of steel-string guitar on the market today.

46=Washburn model number

CE=Cutaway model (that's the C)) with electronic pickup (that's the E).

While a S in the model designation usually means a solid wood soundboard, it also usually follows the model number (such as a D46SCE).  I'm not sure what the SP might mean.

K=comes with a case

IQ probably=the DIGIQ function.

Call Washburn Customer service and ask to speak with Stacy.....he'll know if anyone will.

Here are a couple of forum threads that may or may not be helpful (I don't think either address the DigiQ function):

http://forums.washburn.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18129&SearchTerms=D46CESPK

http://forums.washburn.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16850&SearchTerms=D46CESP

I did a forum search for DigiQ and came up with only one thread, in which there were no replies to the OP's question.  If you'd like to try searching, the search function is located at the upper right corner of the page, right above and to the right of the word LOGOUT.

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32SW, D61SW, and C124SW
Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:33:47 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WMJ11S(now gifted),WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline ferrari1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 11:45:57 PM »
Hi! Thank you so much for your response. I was checking here like almost every hour. Thank for your reply.. The SP stand for Spalted Maple.  I m bringing back my Breedlove passport 250/CM tomorrow and get my money back and going to get this amazing guitar.  I pay just about the same. But this one got more for the $$.
What do you think?
Thanks

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ferrari1

Hi! Thank you so much for your response. I was checking here like almost every hour. Thank for your reply.. The SP stand for Spalted Maple.  I m bringing back my Breedlove passport 250/CM tomorrow and get my money back and going to get this amazing guitar.  I pay just about the same. But this one got more for the $$.
What do you think?
Thanks

While I can't speak to the DigiQ function or the manual (I don't recall that my C124SWK classical guitar came with a manual, perhaps the D46CESPKIQ doesn't, either), I can tell you that the D46SP (spalted maple) guitar is one of my favorites from an appearance standpoint!  Spalted Maple is stunning!

It's an all laminate guitar.  While there are many all laminate guitars that are quite highly respected, the fact that you will not get a solid-wood soundboard means that the sound won't improve with age (a process referred to as opening up).  The sound you will be getting with the guitar new is as good as it will get and (hopefully) will be the same sound you'll be getting from it 20 years from now.

Want to hear that sound?  Here's a YT of the D46SP, sounds GREAT to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDFYbjZPTj8

IMHO, the D46SP is rather expensive for an all laminate guitar, that's what's kept me from actively pursuing one.  I do have a high-dollar Breedlove Custom Shop 000 Revival, so I am a Breedlove fan as well as a Washburn fan.  After looking at the CM250 in greater detail, I'd say the Washburn is probably the better choice unless you really NEED a smaller guitar/travel guitar.  The Washburn will be probably 5 longer than the Breedlove and is more of a standard guitar.  A positive for the Breedlove is that the soundboard is solid-wood AND cedar (my personal favorite), but as I said if you are satisfied with the sound the Breedlove delivers new, you'll probably still like it in 20 years.

Really, though, they are two very different types of guitar....what are you looking for?  How much experience do you have with guitars?  Do you already own one or more guitars?  I ask b/c once you accumilate a few guitars, you'll not be likely to be buying the same sort of guitar again and again.  I already have 3 dreadnought size/style guitars, so I don't really consider any new dreadnoughts.  My most recent acquisition is one of Washburn's Mini Jumbo models, I don't have one that size yet.

Tell us more about your musical history, your skill level, what you're going to do with the guitar, please [^] .

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WMJ11S(now gifted),WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline ferrari1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 09:48:05 AM »
I hope I m not to late. I hope you do get this post before I get to Guitar Center. I really like the breedlove. Sound great. but once I saw the washburn. I was melted on how beautiful the wood is.. then I played it and it was great . well balance and warm/brite tone. I know that it a bit bigger than the breedlove, but I can get use to it. I don't think people in the audience are going to be like OMG!! It's a laminate guitar!!!  I think they are going to be just enjoying the music.
I will be using this guitar for a upcoming local artist. Doing country music.
In my style of playing I m more of a metal/rock player than anything but I can play just about anything, from latin to rock blues, metal to classical and pretty much anything. I linking a several of my old VERY ROUGH DEMOS recorded with a real bass, singer and a steady drums machines ( tempo purposes ) There you can see my style and skill level. I think I am okay
I only play scalloped neck guitars only. Playing this acoustic guitar is different to me so I m excited about it.  Used to have 5 guitar . Down to 1 and this will be my second guitar.

http://www.myspace.com/564766773  
myspace
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:50:04 AM by ferrari1 »

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 10:55:22 AM »
quote:

I hope I m not to late. I hope you do get this post before I get to Guitar Center. I really like the breedlove. Sound great. but once I saw the washburn. I was melted on how beautiful the wood is.. then I played it and it was great . well balance and warm/brite tone. I know that it a bit bigger than the breedlove, but I can get use to it. I don't think people in the audience are going to be like OMG!! It's a laminate guitar!!!  I think they are going to be just enjoying the music.
In my style of playing I m more of a metal/rock player than anything but I can play just about anything, from latin to rock blues, metal to classical and pretty much anything. I linking a several of my old VERY ROUGH DEMOS recorded with a real bass, singer and a steady drums machines ( tempo purposes ) There you can see my style and skill level. I think I am okay
I only play scalloped neck guitars only. Playing this acoustic guitar is different to me so I m excited about it.  Used to have 5 guitar . Down to 1 and this will be my second guitar.

myspace
Thanks

Thanks....wasn't sure if you were just starting with the guitar or if you had some experience.  You'll be fine with the D46SPCEKDQ.  It will feel much like many of the other electric/classical/acoustic guitars you've played (well, not so much like the classical, but certainly more like a classical than the Breedlove travel model).  It will be a great choice for country music [:p] !!!

And you are right about the audience.....VERY FEW of us are there to sample the instruments, we're all there for the performance!

How about posting some photos when you get it home?  We don't have a member with one of the Spalted Maple models (at least, not that I know of) and they are SO beautiful!  Let us know how you like it, please.

Great links, BTW!  Oh, and tell me more about your user name, do you ride one of the prancing horses?

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 10:59:11 AM by YerDugliness »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 03:20:57 PM »
Ferrari1, you can shred great. I'm 51 don't no if my mind and fingers can even think that fast together any more LOL. TOM.[:)]

Offline ferrari1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by YerDugliness

quote:

myspace
Thanks

Thanks....wasn't sure if you were just starting with the guitar or if you had some experience.  You'll be fine with the D46SPCEKDQ.  It will feel much like many of the other electric/classical/acoustic guitars you've played (well, not so much like the classical, but certainly more like a classical than the Breedlove travel model).  It will be a great choice for country music [:p] !!!

And you are right about the audience.....VERY FEW of us are there to sample the instruments, we're all there for the performance!

How about posting some photos when you get it home?  We don't have a member with one of the Spalted Maple models (at least, not that I know of) and they are SO beautiful!  Let us know how you like it, please.

Great links, BTW!  Oh, and tell me more about your user name, do you ride one of the prancing horses?

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

OH MY!!! This guitar is amazing!  Now, I got to figure it out how to post pictures here. Do you know how? I got a good deal on it too and guess what??? The owner of the shop will email me the instructions. He called Washburn and they will send it to him and them forward it to me soon. I just need to get use to the thickness of the body. From Strat to this . Big change!
 As for the ferrari I used to have a friend that own a ferrari testarossa. nice ride and way to fast. So ever since then.. I love ferrari.
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:35:01 PM by ferrari1 »

Offline ferrari1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by t.y.

Ferrari1, you can shred great. I'm 51 don't no if my mind and fingers can even think that fast together any more LOL. TOM.[:)]

LOL  Thanks man.. I m sure do like to shred, but I have to keep in mind not to do that all the time. Not everyone like shredded guitar  Get it ??[:D]

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 08:50:27 PM »
quote:
OH MY!!! This guitar is amazing!  Now, I got to figure it out how to post pictures here. Do you know how?

Posting photos is easiest (for me) with a Photobucket account.  It's free and pretty easy to use.  Once you get your photos uploaded to Photobucket, it's a good idea to resize them to the Large size so that the photo isn't large enough to stretch the width of the forum's space, thereby necessitating excessive scrolling to read everything.  Once you're ready to put a photo into a post, copy the IMG code (the one on the bottom) and paste it into your post.  The photo will appear in the post.  If you copy the other codes, you'll get links rather than the actual photo into your post.

Looking forward to seeing this!!  I've been a big fan of the spalted maple D46 for a long time, just can't bring myself to spend that much money on an all laminate guitar.

As for the Ferraris, my fave is the 246 Dino....classic looks, great fun, rusted away VERY quickly so there aren't many left anymore.  

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

Offline ferrari1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 12:59:32 AM »
I m thinking of making a small video clip of it.

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 09:05:23 AM »
Photobucket has video hosting, too.  We'd love to hear it!

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

Offline ferrari1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »
I got the manual for this guitar. I m so happy!!
 Video should be up in a few days.

Offline ferrari1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by YerDugliness

quote:

What do you think?
Thanks

While I can't speak to the DigiQ function or the manual (I don't recall that my C124SWK classical guitar came with a manual, perhaps the D46CESPKIQ doesn't, either), I can tell you that the D46SP (spalted maple) guitar is one of my favorites from an appearance standpoint!  Spalted Maple is stunning!

It's an all laminate guitar.  While there are many all laminate guitars that are quite highly respected, the fact that you will not get a solid-wood soundboard means that the sound won't improve with age (a process referred to as opening up).  The sound you will be getting with the guitar new is as good as it will get and (hopefully) will be the same sound you'll be getting from it 20 years from now.

Want to hear that sound?  Here's a YT of the D46SP, sounds GREAT to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDFYbjZPTj8

IMHO, the D46SP is rather expensive for an all laminate guitar, that's what's kept me from actively pursuing one.  I do have a high-dollar Breedlove Custom Shop 000 Revival, so I am a Breedlove fan as well as a Washburn fan.  After looking at the CM250 in greater detail, I'd say the Washburn is probably the better choice unless you really NEED a smaller guitar/travel guitar.  The Washburn will be probably 5 longer than the Breedlove and is more of a standard guitar.  A positive for the Breedlove is that the soundboard is solid-wood AND cedar (my personal favorite), but as I said if you are satisfied with the sound the Breedlove delivers new, you'll probably still like it in 20 years.

Really, though, they are two very different types of guitar....what are you looking for?  How much experience do you have with guitars?  Do you already own one or more guitars?  I ask b/c once you accumilate a few guitars, you'll not be likely to be buying the same sort of guitar again and again.  I already have 3 dreadnought size/style guitars, so I don't really consider any new dreadnoughts.  My most recent acquisition is one of Washburn's Mini Jumbo models, I don't have one that size yet.

Tell us more about your musical history, your skill level, what you're going to do with the guitar, please [^] .

Cheers from.....

Dugly [8D]

IMHO, the D46SP is rather expensive for an all laminate guitar, that's what's kept me from actively pursuing one.
Can you elaborate on this?

An all laminate guitar... Is a bad guitar?
How can you tell is a all laminate guitar?
Thanks

Offline ferrari1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 10:37:40 PM »

IMHO, the D46SP is rather expensive for an all laminate guitar, that's what's kept me from actively pursuing one.
Can you elaborate on this?

An all laminate guitar... Is a bad guitar?
How can you tell is a all laminate guitar?
Thanks