Username: Password:

Author Topic: D10sce vs WD10sce  (Read 2606 times)

Offline burmanp

• View Profile
D10sce vs WD10sce
« on: September 21, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
Hello,

I wondered if someone could help me decide.

I'm just about to choose between them for myself (pre-intermediate level of play if that makes sense) and really hope you could help answer some questions.

How would you rate the preamp WT82 / 92 compared to fishman isys on WD10sce?

Does WD10sce have two outputs, (i.e TRS or 1/4 and XLR) like the former?

If you are to choose between the two based on the build, look, tone, action and feel, regardless of the electronics, which one would you choose?

It might be useful to note that Washburn has recently discontinued D10 series for some reason and now they're rather scarce.

I'm in the UK and there's almost no D10sce left here but I found one in a French site call woodbrass. So feel free to have a click.
http://www.woodbrass.com/product_info.php?products_id=22316

And this is WD10sce link
http://www.woodbrass.com/product_info.php?products_id=110014

Thank you in advance
If you can't win, just avoid the defeat

Offline Pining

• View Profile
D10sce vs WD10sce
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 08:46:20 PM »
Hello Burmanp,

D10S was superceded by the WD10S.
On that basis any D10S you see will be old stock.
As to which one is better, that might be a bit harder. My understanding is the WD10S is a cheaper guitar. From reports I have seen, this can result in lesser quality workmanship on the guitar finish. I don't know. I haven't looked myself.
If I was you, I would go and find a couple of each and look at them. See what you think. Have a play. Which sounds the best TO YOU. In the end, you are the person you need to impress. Go with the one you like the most and stuff anyone else's opinion.
I have a D10S. It's not the greatest guitar in the world. It's not even MY best guitar. It DOES do what I purchased it for. I can play a reasonable tune on it and it was worth the money I spent.

I hope that helps.