Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn D25S/N  (Read 6728 times)

Offline fbc_pastor

• View Profile
Washburn D25S/N
« on: February 10, 2005, 03:51:02 PM »
I have some questions about this guitar.  I probably should know more- but uh…  I bought my Washburn brand new in 1989 at MusicMart in San Diego, CA and it sat in the case for a good ten years before I put any real effort into learning to play.  (I am a drummer, but living in Apartments –neighbors and drums don’t mix)  I’m not a great guitarist, self-taught and still learning.  But I’m becoming curious about this guitar.  I have never seen another of the same model. And the Washburn site has no historical link or archive of past products.  (It would be nice though; the company has a long history).  Are there many D25S/N out there?  Is there any way to find out how many were made?  And does anybody love theirs as much as I love mine.  I bought it because it was the most beautiful guitar in the store and it’s sound can’t be beat.  I love the gold hardware and the finger board's mother-of-pearl in-lays, they are not plain old dots and the twelfth-fret marker is a beautiful W.  I took some photos of my Washburn and I hope the link works.  I also could use some advise about cleaning and polishing it. I’m afraid to touch it with the wrong products. I want this guitar to last a life time and longer.  I also don’t believe I could ever replace it. I never have found any info about this model in all my surfing.  Hope someone could clue me in. Thanks! And Thank God for music!   http://community.webshots.com/album/271089174zFDREh
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 08:43:06 PM by fbc_pastor »

Offline Fstpicker

• View Profile

Offline fbc_pastor

• View Profile
Washburn D25S/N
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 05:47:59 PM »
Thanks (Fstpicker-Jeff) for the Info on the archive.  The 1990 description is a bit different from my 1988 model but close enough.  Their (the listed model's) tuners are chrome while mine are gold and the inlays on mine are M.O.P. diamonds and not acrylic dots.
[D-25-S N $469.90 SOLID CEDAR TOP / SAPELE BACK AND SIDES / 650mm SCALE / 44mm NUT / MAHOGANY NECK / ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD / ELECTRONICS NONE / BRIDGE ROSEWOOD / CHROME DIE CAST TUNERS / ACRYLIC DOTS]

I'm still curious to know if there are any other D25S/N owners out there? Or if anybody else has any experience playing this model.   I'd like to hear some opinions from others.

And I still could use some advise on cleaning and polishing my guitar?

Thanks for reading my post and lookin at my picts.
Clark

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
Washburn D25S/N
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 06:33:44 PM »
There are a couple of reviews of your guitar at Harmony Central. One of the D25S/N, and one of the D25S. Hope this helps some.

Offline cantonmotors

• View Profile
Washburn D25S/N
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »
I have one and love it mine is 87 and should have the same specs as yours.  Spruce top Ovankol back and sides, 5 piece neck with gold grover tuners.  I picked it up in a pawn shop because it had the S in the model number and had wanted a D-10s but couldn't find some one willing to trade for a crapy epiphone Les Paul, and it was not a high end one it was a nasty one the case was nicer than the guitar was.

Offline Hawthorn

• View Profile
Washburn D25S/N
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 04:18:43 PM »
I am in England and bought my D-25S/N new here in 1994. The serial number is 9301208 and it looks just like yours. Over the years I've bought other guitars (mostly Washburns) and sometimes my D-25S/N has been relegated in favour of others. But I always come back to it and when I play it the sound is sparkling. Personally I think there are better looking guitars, but I've never owned one that sounds so good.
I never clean it other than dusting. I did lower the action when I first bought it but otherwise its original. In my view its a quality instrument.