Username: Password:

Author Topic: exotic series model names?  (Read 2679 times)

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
exotic series model names?
« on: March 19, 2012, 01:33:58 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKwCacRxtRg  -  Bubbinga = D10SQB,  Zebra = D10SZ,   Is Walnut  D10SW ?   Is Ovangkol = D10SO ?  I have hunted a lot, read all kinds of Google searches, no answers. And cant find, years made. Also read were people here talk about KOA guitar, but  This guy only ever mentions four. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tom.   :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:39:32 AM by t.y. »

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Re: exotic series model names?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,16554.msg108144.html#msg108144

I don't know if i'm remembering wrong, but I THINK I remember something about the Walnut version indeed being the D10SW and there being confusion about it.

And there are Koa versions. But you would be more likely to find a unicorn horn  ;D

Offline shoveller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Here's a couple of the original ads I had saved on my computer... took me a while to locate them...

As Ryan said, the name of the D10SW creates some confusion.  'SW' would typically denote a solid wood guitar, but here its a walnut laminate. 

And to confuse things further, at some point there was another guitar with the same designation, but the W in that case meant it was an all-over white paint job  (ugh.. who paints an acoustic guitar all white?!).  The Bubinga model is D10SQB (that is, 'quilted bubinga"), distinguishing it from the all black model (D10SB)

Offline shoveller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 01:39:14 PM »
Oh, and the koa version is a new one by me.  Sure would like to see one!

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:42:49 PM »
And to confuse things further, at some point there was another guitar with the same designation, but the W in that case meant it was an all-over white paint job  (ugh.. who paints an acoustic guitar all white?!).  The Bubinga model is D10SQB (that is, 'quilted bubinga"), distinguishing it from the all black model (D10SB)

Nothing worse than a solid-colour acoustic  :-\

Those adds are awesome Shoveller! Deffs clears up some confusion!