Username: Password:

Author Topic: New DLX Idols  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Rocknarchangel

• View Profile
New DLX Idols
« on: May 30, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »
Hey everyone. Yep I am new here.
Just wondering if anyone here owns or has tried any of these DLX models, that still look like the original Idols. They look nice enough,but I do a lot of classic rock...Ozzy,Motley Crue...80's rock. What do these guitars sound like? Will they work well in that Genre of music? Do you think they can take that every weekend playing and a couple nites a week practice grind?

Offline Cankalis

• View Profile
New DLX Idols
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 12:31:12 PM »
HI There, i'm new too...so hope this works (and by looking at the date of your post, i'm probably way too late) anyhow on the off chance i got my hands on a DLX, for me its a great guitar, however the proof will be in the pudding, gonna gig with her for the first time in couple of weeks - hopefully she will hold up out there...will keep you posted if your interested.

Offline DocHoliday

• View Profile
    • http://www.killer.kate.com
New DLX Idols
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 07:05:31 PM »
There is no reason they could not handle the heavy stuff.  But many guys don't consider if you are giggin all that much you really need to be sure the quitar is dialed in with a pro setup and all of the hardware you demand.  Every guitar is a tad different in one way or another..whether pickups..adjustments etc..no factory setup should ever be used on stage in my opinion for a hard rockin gig.  You can't always trust the connectors etc.  So if you have a personal standard or better yet a guitar that never lets you down....try using some of the same goodies you use in that one.  I have guitars that only cost me 400.00 -600.00 that blow away any Gibson or PRS I have owned because I gave them extra attention and set them up to the max.  I wouldn't go on stage without them now.  Just my thoughts  good luck!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:08:17 PM by DocHoliday »
Doc Holiday