Username: Password:

Author Topic: Maybe 1986 EA Festival Series  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Fngrpkr

• View Profile
Maybe 1986 EA Festival Series
« on: February 26, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
Looking for information about my guitars, I stumbled across a post on this site from Remnant in 2009 at
http://forums.washburn.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16600

This guitar looks very much like the one I have.  However, also on pgs 6 & 7 of a catalog at Vintage Washburn.  Mine has no label inside, however, it has the number 263 on the inside neckbrace, and the number 82936.  It's birds-eye maple and has the most wonderful sound.  Everyone who has ever heard it has complimented me on the sound, and jazz musicians go crazy for it.  Of course, I'm also crazy for it.  I got it used, many years ago, at Guitar Center in L.A.  If anyone has any additional information, I'd be most appreciative.

Incidentally, I'm new to this site, but I love it.  I've learned an awful lot about Washburns today just browsing around here.  A lot of very knowledgable people.  Thanks for the enlightenment, all!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:29:24 PM by Fngrpkr »

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:28:56 PM »
Welcome Fngrpkr, Sounds like a 1988 EA-40.
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  If you put up a few pics of your Festival that will probably get you a bit more info.

FWIW I used to have a EA-20.  Eventually sold it.  Wonderful guitar for playing live.  Nice sound amped up.