Username: Password:

Author Topic: My Washburn D10 SK  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Gasee

• View Profile
My Washburn D10 SK
« on: July 22, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »
I have been buying and selling Acoustic Guitars for many years in my Life. Over the last 10 years with the sinking economy and Decent Jobs being almost nonexistant - I have sold off all my Guitars - Acoustic and electrics. I have owned the Creme of the crop and the low of the low. Bottom line - It is not so much how much you have paided for a Guitar but more of how well you play it. Of course their will be arguments forever about which Guitars sound the best - But really is just comes down to a personel taste.
Being out of work and no guitars to strum on - A fine old buddy of mine - said hey - I have this Washburn sitting in my closet and I never play it - its yours if you want it. Well I was speechless and thanked him up and down. I never owned a Washburn and really did not know much about the modern day Washburn - But this Guitar is a truly sweet guitar. It plays well and Sounds Great. So this being my first post - I just wanted to say that this guitar is well worth the money and should not be overlooked. I was lucky enough to get it for free and I just plain Love it....
Oh I switched out the Pickguard to a tortise - I prefer the look to black.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:45:07 AM by Gasee »

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
My Washburn D10 SK
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »
gasee, welcome to the forum. No matter how you scored the guitar, glad you're playing and enjoying it. Good luck in your job hunt.

Murph

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
My Washburn D10 SK
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »
I really like the look of that new pick guard. How hard was it to get the old one off? Tom.[:)]

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
My Washburn D10 SK
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 03:38:19 PM »
Welcome to forum land.  Sorry to hear you have had to sell off your guitars, but huge kudo's to your friend.  D10's are very well thought of around these parts.  Terrific bang for the buck.

Like the tortoise pickguard.  Sometimes they can look kind of busy, but it suits the D10 well.

Offline Gasee

• View Profile
My Washburn D10 SK
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »
Thanks everyone for the welcome! TY - The guard can be removed with heat or just peeling it back very slowly. I just peeled it off and removed all excess glue - You want to leave as little glue residue as possible. Genrally the longer the guard has been on the harder it is to remove. You don't want to peel it off to fast because their is a chance some of the top might come with it. The Martin style guard I installed has a diffrent foot print than the original guard - so their is a slight tan line where the old one was. Otherwise I prefer the look of the Tortise. Thanks.....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:33:47 PM by Gasee »