Username: Password:

Author Topic: MET-A07 Preamp Manual?  (Read 7824 times)

Offline TFB

• View Profile
MET-A07 Preamp Manual?
« on: July 12, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »
I just bought a WD7SCEACS which came with the MET-A07 preamp/tuner. I typically like to read the manual and know what I have but I seriously can't find any form of documentation anywhere so I am assuming nothing exists, but I figured I'd ask the forum.

Does anyone know/have anything about the electronics of this guitar?

The absolute most pressing question I have is this:

The tuner always reads flat next the pitch indicator. What does this mean exactly? I assume since it can't be changed (that I've found) that I am not really tuning to some form of flat standard tuning. Any insight would help me regain my sanity here.

Thanks in advance...

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
MET-A07 Preamp Manual?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:56:06 AM »
TFB, Welcome to the forum. Wow wonder if your tuner is working. Since I don't have that kind of tuner I can't really say. The Fishman on my D10 goes to the right for high and left for low. If yours is different, it sounds like it is broke.Although I guess there could be some secret to it.Good luck. Tom.

Offline TFB

• View Profile
MET-A07 Preamp Manual?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 08:01:28 AM »
I don't think it is broken as every picture I have found shows it that way (e.g. http://yifengmusic.com/gelide.asp?id=1713)

It sounds like it is in standard tuning, but the flat designation is throwing me off. Four days and I haven't heard anything back from Washburn support, so I have no idea what the heck is up. I have found where you can order them in batches of 500000 from Mings in China, the company that makes them. I really just need one instruction book, though!

Offline Christian Christiansen

• View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/chr.christiansen
MET-A07 Preamp Manual?
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 05:34:54 PM »
Can anybody tell me, where to get a manual for the MET-A07 preamp/tuner - or at least tell me, what the 'notch' button is for?
Lets ROCK!
;0)

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
MET-A07 Preamp Manual?
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 07:30:15 AM »
I think the notch button activates the notch filter, which filters out some of the frequencies subject to feedback.

• View Profile
MET-A07 Preamp Manual?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »
OK - thank you. Never heard of a notch filter - but then again, English is not my language. I'm Danish! But we learn as long as we live - and we live as long as we learn! :0)
Lets ROCK!
;0)

• View Profile
MET-A07 Preamp Manual?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »
Now I Googled it - and understand better. Thanks again!
;0)
Lets ROCK!
;0)

Offline solomyn

• View Profile
Re: MET-A07 Preamp Manual?
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »
Hey there,
I started a thread on this very topic just the other day.  This pre-amp/EQ/Tuner is in my new WD7 reads flat as well, and it threw me off as well.  Did the OP ever get a response from Washburn on a user manual for this device?

Thanks!
Sol

Offline ivan1j

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 10:47:57 PM »
I know this thread is old, but I thought I would update it in case, like me, you are looking for an answer to this.

here is a link to the manual.
http://www.washburn.com/info/manuals/pdf/MET%20A07%20or%20EQ4T%20preamp-digital%20tuner%20instructions.pdf

Also a note: If it is always reading flat, it is most likely because you have it tuned an octave to low or a few notes too low.

Hope this helps others.

Offline jaca

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 05:25:14 PM »
 :D

I came across this forum while searching for info on the preamp/tuner.  Thanks for the link. So far, I enjoy my OS312.

Offline Blackdogxx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 08:30:26 PM »
I have that electronics in a new Oscar Schmidt OG2CESM dread and cannot figure out how to get anything from it. I tune down 1/2 step all the time and cheap clip on tuners recognize it easily. But the tuner in this Washburn/OS guitar can't do any damn thing. And the 'manual' online is about useless. I'm going to call the Washburn voice help line and explain to them that a college grad cannot figure out how to work the damn thing. THEY have the problem, not a guy who has owned scores of guitars over 30 years. There is no excuse for it; they are not paying attention to the customer's basic need. If a cheap $5 clip on tuner can spot a string tuned 1/2 step low and is easy to use, then why does Washburn install this MET electronics on a guitar and with no usable manual, no pamphlet, and nothing to be figured out by a normal guy with common sense ? Somebody is making decisions on what to put in guitars and not asking the obvious:  ' is the thing usable by most people ?' ....   because if a college grad cannot figure it out from the posted product description, then Washburn has f**ked up badly.   I DID discover that by capoing at fret 1, you can get the tuner to recognize the strings and then tune each string. But you better have good eyesight and be close (the display digits are blue on a pale whitish background.... not lit digits on a dark background. The reply from Washburn was of no help at all, except they showed a link to this Tuner/Electronics. And it only lists the functions and has no real useful explanation.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:24:57 AM by Blackdogxx »

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 10:43:28 PM »
THEY have the problem, not a guy who has owned scores of guitars over 30 years. There is no excuse for it; they are not paying attention to the customer's basic need.
Bring it back to the store. Simple.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/