Username: Password:

Author Topic: Severe tuning problems on WI66 PRO  (Read 2376 times)

Offline esplace

• View Profile
Severe tuning problems on WI66 PRO
« on: August 05, 2011, 04:34:06 PM »
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me here,

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th strings are constantly dropping out of tune, even on well used and well stretched strings,the setup is ok and the string length to wind on tuners is as i've used on Fenders without problems

I had a similar problem with the earlier Idol series though it seems much worse on this one,

One thing i have noticed is the G string tuner seems a lot more spongy, so wondering if i need to look at changing the tuning machines, if so which good quality, and same screw settings

Also, would a set bridge, like Gotoh help, if so what model Gotoh or similar as i purchaced one and it wasn't a straight fit, even after being assured it was suppose to be.

Cheers

Offline kesmit

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
I second this.  I have a WI66 Pro that goes out of tune constantly.  I really like the guitar otherwise, but this aspect drives me crazy.  I'm hoping someone out there has a solution.

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »
Kesmit....the whole guitar, or a certain string? If it's a certain string, at the next string change, swap that tuner with another on the same side. If the tuning problem moves to the new location, it's a bad machine. If it's stays on the same string, it's likely the nut slot, and it's catching.
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 02:18:16 AM »
Kesmit....the whole guitar, or a certain string? If it's a certain string, at the next string change, swap that tuner with another on the same side. If the tuning problem moves to the new location, it's a bad machine. If it's stays on the same string, it's likely the nut slot, and it's catching.
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2