Username: Password:

Author Topic: Model D15-BE Question  (Read 1668 times)

Offline wrooks

• View Profile
Model D15-BE Question
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:29:16 PM »
I am new to this forum and in fact I am fairly new to playing a guitar at all.I have one of my dad's old Washburns. He bought in the early 80's and I can't seem to find any information on it from Washburn's website. The model number is D15-BE and there are two numbers on the inside: 95986 and 812041 with the letter N on the base of the neck. It seems to be solid wood but it doesn't have the SW in the model number. I assume the B in the model number refers to the color being it is a black guitar outlined with white. So, if anybody could help me with when it was made and what exactly does the D15-BE mean

Thanks,
Stacy

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Model D15-BE Question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 07:13:22 AM »
Hi Stacy, welcome to the forum. Here's the book info. The BE should stand for Black, and the E should mean it has a pick up. Is it an acoustioc electric? Got any pics?

D15
- dreadnought style, select spruce top, unknown back/sides, mfg. late 1970s-early 1980s.
Grading
 100% ----Excellent ----Average
-N/A ----$100 - 150 ---$50 - 75

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
Model D15-BE Question
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 12:03:37 PM »
Sounds like an interesting color pattern, so yes please post some pics.  Also your comment that it's one of my dad's old Washburns sound interesting.  Maybe post some pics of the others as well?

Welcome aboard, Stacy!

Guitars, I have a few - but then again, too few to mention