Username: Password:

Author Topic: help me identify Woodstock 70s model  (Read 1801 times)

Offline cmroz

• View Profile
help me identify Woodstock 70s model
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:11:34 PM »
Hi - I have a lovely Woodstock guitar that I bought about 20 years ago at a thrift shop - Im trying to find out a bit more about it to describe it well and asses its value before I sell it (Have too many guitars)

In the sound hole it has written on the wood WOODSTOCK with the letter A after it - I can't find anywhere that has anything like a serial number and there is no paper label. It has a custom shaped for the curved back case. (see pictures) any help would be appreciated!

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:10:26 AM »
Did you look on the neck block for a serial. That's where the number is typically put on guitars with no label. Look toward the neck, inside the guitar.

Offline cmroz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 07:26:16 AM »
Hi Yes I did, unless I need a mirror to see it its not there... I might take all the string off and use a mirror to see what i can find :-)

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:18:13 AM »
You don't have to take the strings off. Just slide a small mirror between the strings. A small telescoping inspection mirror works good. The Festival Series was introduced in '79-'80(Teagle) so it's probably an early to mid 80's guitar.