Username: Password:

Author Topic: Buying D10S online  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Shawnh

• View Profile
Buying D10S online
« on: August 26, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »
I am looking at buying a NOS D10SLTD from World Music Supply and was wondering how safe am I in buying one without playing it.  Is the build quality on these fairly consistent? How is the setup from the factory?  I am a fairly new player but would like to upgrade my junky Fender and I have read only good things about this guitar.  I am willing to get it setup after receiving it but would rather not if possible.  Thanks in advance.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Buying D10S online
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 06:38:55 PM »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Buying D10S online
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 06:48:35 PM »
[:)] Talking about this guitar made break mine out. I have been playing my bubbinga D10S. Believe me, you cant go wrong with this guitar. only places I have bought from, and trust, are. World Music Supply, Music 123, and Musicians Friend. Also lots of guys around here buy from FMM. But to answer your question, yes this is a good guitar, and a fine, special D10SLTD, and a safe place to buy from. Tom.[:)][:)]

Offline Shawnh

• View Profile
Buying D10S online
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 07:39:45 PM »
Thanks for posting the other thread, I guess I missed that one.  One of the posts said you could have them inspect the guitar before shipping.  Do you know what they will check for and how thorough they are?  Thanks again.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Buying D10S online
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 02:01:11 PM »
I would guess for,cracks and warps and dings and scrapes and such, not sure though. All the guitars I have bought from these places, has arrived here fine. Most of my guitars did not need any set up,I did stuff to them just because I like to change things  to the way I like. By that I mean nut,saddle,pins, but basically just  strings. Hope this helps. Tom. P.S. I have bought 6 guitars from these places.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Buying D10S online
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 02:05:25 PM »
As far as,build quality consistent, I dont no how we will no for sure, as I have the only one I know of. Hopefully you make it two.[:)][:)] Tom.P.S. I just went to E-Bay and checked, I paid 175.00 plus 25.00 shipping.[:)]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:27:16 AM by t.y. »