Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Monterey  (Read 19780 times)

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
Washburn Monterey
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »
I looked again, and I'm pretty sure that it is not a Studio.  A Studio would have a pickup in the neck at the 21st fret.  It is a Custom, so I'm not sure why it was stamped that way.  Still a neat Festival!
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline Tuowinen

• View Profile
Washburn Monterey
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 04:50:31 PM »

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Washburn Monterey
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »
Beauty! Welcome aboard...

Offline cabs

• View Profile
Washburn Monterey
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bluesbreaker 57

Hi everyone, I've just registered to this forum and wondered if anyone out there can help. I purchased a second-hand Washburn Monterey acoustic over 20 years ago but I know very little about it. I noticed that some washburn owners state the serial number gives it year of manufacture, but the serial number in mine confuses me. The number is # 702005.
I bought this guitar either 1988 or 1989 because I know it was about the same time my son was born in October 1988 and it was second hand when I bought it. This is the only number anywhere on the guitar and is located on the inside bracing along with the word MONTEREY and the George Washburn mark. Can you help !

Offline cabs

• View Profile
Washburn Monterey
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »
How-dy, Bluesboy, and everyone;
I bought the same model in either '81 or '82...Foggy, y'know? But, all the features, including the serial number sequence, is right in the same zone as the Brand New, off the rack Monterey I bought in Atlanta, GA. As we were packing her up, the salesman said, you wouldn't believe who bought one of these yesterday. Who? Bob The Dylan, who went and played it that night at the Fabulous Fox Theater downtown. He got the standard width, about 4 wide, not the thinner one we got. His is pictured on the cover of Down in the Groove, and a few other places. It is still my favorite of many, many guitars I've had over the years. Can't wait to play 'er again.
Enjoy,
-Cabs

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
Washburn Monterey
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »
Welcome cabs!  It looks like the guitar that is on the cover of Down in the Groove (1988-90?) appears to be a dreadnaught, and not a Festival.  However, Dylan did use a thin bodied Monterey back in 1983-4.  There is a picture of him playing a Tanglewood (4 bodied Festival) on Real Live (recorded in Europe, 1984).
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Washburn Monterey
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »
Hi tazzi344, just tried to look at your pics, found out a password is needed.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Washburn Monterey
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
Wow, love the back of that guitar. Tom.