Username: Password:

Author Topic: WIN STD or WIN DLX  (Read 4823 times)

Offline mrleira

• View Profile
WIN STD or WIN DLX
« on: September 02, 2011, 09:29:27 AM »
Hello guys,
Checking the differences between both mentioned above, what is 5 ply bindings? Is there any difference in sounds between the two models? This maple cap instead of a full solid mahogany top will cause any difference? I have a chance here in Brasil to purchase one of those and I want to know the difference. Any comment?

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
WIN STD or WIN DLX
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »
Bindings, is the little strip that runs around the body of your guitar. it hides the seam and protects it were your maple cap joins the mahogany body. count the colors, there should be 5. Tom.

Offline mrleira

• View Profile
WIN STD or WIN DLX
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »
Thanks T.Y.
And soundwise? Those bindings don't add nor take anything from the sound,do they? Sometimes we think a metal guitar should be live the WV40 or else, but I saw Testament guitarist with a les paul goldtop rocking. I am leaning towards the Goldtop.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
WIN STD or WIN DLX
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 04:24:49 AM »
I used to have a WV40, traded it and two other guitars, for a big chunk of the cost of my Guild.I would not think bindings  should change the tone of a guitar. I also am on the look for the rite Gibson Les  Paul, at the rite price. If you have ever played a WV40 it will make any metal sound you want. I used to do drop d tuning, and turn it up till my ears hurt. mine was a 2008 and had the phenolic fret board. My WM24 Renagade did to. but I was not so wild about the X50. All had same pups but sounded a little different. Marshal half stack in a 13' X 10' room turned all the way up. could only play that way a few minutes lol. Tom.[:)] P.S. If I had it all to do over again, I would keep the Renagade.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 04:34:08 AM by t.y. »

Offline mrleira

• View Profile
WIN STD or WIN DLX
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 05:14:50 AM »
Regarding the X50, if yours was not with SD, I really think it is the non standard manufacture of the pickups. According to Washburn, they put Randall with different names , addressing where they were manufactured. My X50 has the 'HeadHunter' 921, 923. High Output Alnico. But the guitar - X50 - has a solid sound.
The Renegade is on my plans for the future.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
WIN STD or WIN DLX
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »
The sound was fine, did not like the neck, not sure why,just did not feel good. And the build quality was fine. But I sure wish I had that Renegade back. they want 450.00 for it. 2008 x50 they were not using SD then.http://forums.washburn.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18942  this is my very first post here. [:)]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:55:31 PM by t.y. »