Username: Password:

Author Topic: 10 Years After [ My Washburn's D46SCE Story ]  (Read 6010 times)

Offline Hurricane Ramon

• View Profile
10 Years After [ My Washburn's D46SCE Story ]
« on: October 14, 2011, 07:55:57 AM »
Body - sides - head stock veneer : Madagascar rose wood .

Top : One piece Alaskan spruce .

Neck : 5 piece ( last piece to be counted on it is the rosewood head stock ) mahogany .

Bridge & fretboard : Solid Madagascar rosewood

With 10 years on her :

Rose  came home and she sat on her stand mostly unplayed for more than a year , I just could not make it play good .

I front on my stereo she sat with music night and day 24/7/365 for more than a year non stop when I wasn't trying to play her .

Made my own bone bridge

The forth brass stud string holder serves double duty . I put a JLD Bridge Dr.in her , below is the assemble that attaches to the bottom of the sound board to that stud . The other brass studs ( not called pins because they have screw threaded ends ) also screwed to the bottom of the sound board .

This device does two really great things . #1: Once it's on your top will never bow :) #2: It really makes the guitar project better , and louder .
This dowel is butted tight against the bottom bout of the body's bottom block . When I finished the assembly and strummed it , I felt like the whole guitar body and neck was vibrating like crazy ! You never know what scary stuff is inside a guitar after 10 years man :)

Restrung and Ready To Rock-N-Roll

10 years of wear show on the bass and other areas .

Don't use pics these wear marks are from my fingernails

Meant to be played not just looooooked at - Stawberrys any one ?

18 to 0nes I like

From the nut down 10 years of working out averages out more or less to about 500 hours a year X 12 = 6000 hours at least on this guitar for me .

12th. Fret .

Decent Equis Plus . maybe I upgrade it someday but till then it still kicks @$$ .

Sorry it took a while to get a decent camera to do this guitar justice . All shots are taken with a Coolpix L18 Nikon .

Nobody gave me a cent to do this posting ,no one !

Easy Blood Brother & Sisters :

Hurricane Ramon
Hurricane Ramon

It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Offline Hurricane Ramon

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »
And now I play it all the time she is my favorite of my guitars .

Hurricane Ramon
Hurricane Ramon

It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:14:23 AM »
Great story!!

It sure has some fret wear there....and all the way down to the 12th fret, at that.

Glad she's a player....and, I understand about letting her sit, sometimes you have to give things a chance to mellow.

The JLD bridge doctor is intriguing....my Breedlove 000 Revival custom shop piece is one of the few Breedlove does not fit with the bridge doctor (the Revival line is based on pre-WWII bracing patterns).

All in all a well worn stage warrior!

Cheers, and thanks for posting about her, from.....
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE, WMJ11S(now gifted),WSJ60SKELITE.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Darren Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Hurricane Ramon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:31:38 AM »
Dugly :

Every bit of that wear was a heavenly trip after I got the action set with the new bone bridge I made . Yeah that bridge Dr is a cool thing . I saw the installation of one before I had a guitar at least 2 to 3 years . I heard the before ( bowed Takamine ) and after . It was amazing , it sounded better than similar Gibson dreadnaught . Heck it actually sounded better than anything there after the  treatment  . Convinced me . Years later I'm at a library computer learning the net and I scratch a itch on my rt forearm and felt the sting of a cat claw , looking down I see the mark of Zorro bleeding  -

- Flash back 1962 ( I was 12 ) I was holding 3 one gallon sized milk bottles  in my lft hand . They got smashed into it - No mo gtr till Oct.12th.1998 -

After that last sharp glass shard came out that day I was on a mission to re learn what I had lost 36 years ago . this guitar means the world to me .

Took 2 months to grow enough skin to start a formal practicing regime . So January 1999 is my starting date . I got that Washburn in 2001 after I knew I was ready .

Easy man

Hurricane Ramon
Hurricane Ramon