Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lefty D-21 update  (Read 1459 times)

Offline D-21 Dawg

• View Profile
Lefty D-21 update
« on: November 25, 2011, 08:59:19 AM »
Well I am here to offer a second opinion on the D-21SLH I received in exchange for a lost 1978 Takamine F-360LH and I must say that the more I play this thing the more I like it [:D] ! Maybe it's just a mental thing or whatever but I feel that after 2 weeks of daily playing I can be more objective. I did make 2 minor changes to it since it had the original nut and saddle which were cheapo plastic. I installed Tusq brand nut and saddle and this baby came alive [:0] ! I also slightly lowered the saddle, tweaked the truss rod and I gotta say I think I've been bitten by the Washburn bug. Though it is not on par with any of my Martins (not that I thought it should be) it has given me satisfaction and taken the sting out of losing my old faithful Tak which I had owned for over 25 years. The serial number is 8723005, which I have to assume it is a first series D-21....right Mr Smith? What is really cool about it is how it seems to be made for capoing (?) and stays in tune after the capo is removed. Great guitar for fingerpicking but not so much for heavy strumming, but that could be because I have lowered the strings to accomadate my fingerpicking style. It does excellent work for stuff like Pink Floyd's Brain Damage, Wish You Were Here, Fleetwood Mac's Landslide etc etc. I got the fever and will be looking for other LH Washburns from that era. Will post a pic as soon as I figure out how. [8D]

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Lefty D-21 update
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:42:18 AM »
Right on Dawg. Some of us use Photobucket for storing and posting pics. It's free and fairly easy to use... http://photobucket.com/

Offline D-21 Dawg

• View Profile
Lefty D-21 update
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 05:46:38 PM »
Thanks Pike. I'll give 'er a whirl but I can't promise anything. New technology and I are not very good friends...whadda ya gonna do. I'm sure I'll get a pic posted soon.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 05:47:22 PM by D-21 Dawg »

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Lefty D-21 update
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 06:59:57 AM »
Congrats on the D-21.  [:D][:D]