Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pics.... maybe  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Bojack

• View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« on: December 01, 2011, 08:30:18 AM »
I don't know if this will work... but I gave it a shot..!!!
Here are a couple pics to ponder. If this works and anyone needs more... I'll certainly comply the best I can.
Thanks,
Bo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71176033@N07/?saved=1

Offline Bojack

• View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 02:05:11 PM »
Added Note... My serial # is  P/E? (kinda smudged) 88486 and the stamped logo inside sound hole w/ Woodstock in ink to the right.
Sorry to all for making this more difficult... I should have added to my first one.... I'm new at forums...[:I]
Thanks for any help here... I'd just like to verify the year with someone.

Bo

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:34:14 PM »
I would think that the first two numbers make it a 1988.Tom.[:)]

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 06:41:34 AM »
Yeep, should be a 1988.  Here is some more info.

EA20 (NEWPORT/WOODSTOCK)
- thin single sharp cutaway thin body, select spruce or mahogany top, oval soundhole, bound body, three-stripe rosette, mahogany back/sides/neck, 14/21-fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlay, matching headstock with three-per-side Grover diecast tuners, rosewood bridge with pearl dot white pins, acoustic bridge pickup, Equis electonics, available in Black, Tobacco Sunburst, White, Woodstone Blue, Woodstone Brown, or Woodstone Silver finish, mfg. mid 1980s-2000.
Grading 100% Excellent Average
N/A $400 - 475 $250 - 300
Last MSR was $1,000.

From the pictures yours seems to be a mahogany top.  Looks good.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 11:03:48 AM »
evenkeel,do you no what the P/E, stands for? Where there made? Is there any models of these to avoid? The reason I ask is I'm watching the guitar stors around here for a thin guitar just like this. Thanks Tom.

Offline Bojack

• View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 01:41:16 PM »
Thanks guy's... appreciate the help!!! It sounds like everyone that has one similar to this.... seems to enjoy them. Looking forward to playing it.

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 03:37:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by t.y.

evenkeel,do you no what the P/E, stands for? Where there made? Is there any models of these to avoid? The reason I ask is I'm watching the guitar stors around here for a thin guitar just like this. Thanks Tom.

I'm not sure what P/E stands for.  I know the EA guitars were made in Korea and Indonesia.  Not sure about China but I think so.  The festival series is numbered EA10, 16, 20 and goes up to 50. The EA20SDL has a solid spruce top and B-Band electronics a step up from the earlier lam tops and Equis electronics.  Nice thin body guitar if you can find one.  Most of the festival line are all laminate guitars.  The EA20 I used to own is a all lam but sounded pretty good straight acoustic and very good amped up.  If you come across one somethinng to look at is the bridge/saddle.  Mine had a seven piece saddle assembly.  Black plastic carrier with six individual chicklet style saddles.  I needed to replace them and wound up making six pieces from a bone blank.  I used a Dremel tool to do it.  Not hard to do but took a bit of time.  Sounded way better with the bone.

Offline Bojack

• View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »
Evenkeel.... the red color of this one, is that mahogony ... wouldn't be the Woodstone Brown...???

Bo

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 05:55:40 PM »
It looks more like brown to me. I had an EA40 Woodstock(had EA40 on back brace), about like the one pictured. Same controls, had a 1/4 wide saddle, with a Barcus Berry pickup under it, about as wide as the saddle.  On a side note, I bought a new EA10S last year that is made in China. It's overbuilt in some ways, but it has a solid spruce top, and rosewood back and sides. Has a Fishman preamp. It's only a couple of years old, '09 model, I think.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 06:45:42 PM »
Thanks,looked at a DK20cet today. #BC6061714 , I'm guessing its all lam, real fancy binding all the way around it.I am going to research it, don't really want a lam top though. Tom. Not for me, still looking for a Festival.[:)]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:27:00 PM by t.y. »

Offline Bojack

• View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 08:25:48 AM »
Tom.... I don't have any info on this guitar listed on ebay.... but you may want to take a look if you haven't already....???
Bo [:)]

Offline Bojack

• View Profile
Pics.... maybe
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 08:33:32 AM »