Username: Password:

Author Topic: '89 Left hand EA 40 Festival  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Blackflamedhawk

• View Profile
'89 Left hand EA 40 Festival
« on: December 08, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »
Great to find a site like this!
After an accident, I just can't get comfy on this guitar anymore. Too much nerve damage on my left arm, so i'm looking to get a fair value on it- and to a GOOD home!
Paid $1k for it out of the shop in late '89. It's really pristine cause I banged around on a Seagull instead of messin the Washburn up.

Have a Shulte-made LH Les Paul style that is do-able but a tad heavy for now...need to work up to that - so I'm gonna snag a Mighty mite neck for an old strat body that needs some attention, but is comfortable w/little pain, so I can ease back into playing without dumping a load of cash for no good reason.. Guess my acoustic playing days are over.

Can anyone recommend/know where I can find:

1. An honest (online?) appraisal for the EA 40 w/o having to pay for it?

2. An affordable acoustic effect I can plug into?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 07:54:56 AM »
This Boss pedal should do the job for you.  They sell used for $50-$75.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BOSAC3

Re: value.  In mint shape $450-500 +/-.  

EA40 WOODSTOCK
- single sharp cutaway dreadnought style, mahogany top, oval soundhole, bound body, abalone purfling/rosette, mahogany back/sides/neck, 21-fret bound rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge with pearl dot black pins, three-per-side chrome diecast tuners, Washburn 3200/Equis II preamp system, available in Black, Natural, Tobacco Sunburst, White, or Wine Red finish, mfg. 1979-1991.
In the mid-1980s, a spruce top replaced the mahogany top. Circa 1987, EQ300 electronics were introduced (sliders instead of knobs). By 1990, Equis II electronics were being used. This model had birdseye maple back/sides with Natural finish as an option.

Offline Blackflamedhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 11:56:23 AM »
Thanks evenkeel!

I was practically in tears taking it to the local Guitar center last night to sell it. It was another SOS experience as the manager croaked that it was backwards as he sat and gave it a test ride-upside down. Then to add insult he couldn't even go a couple hundred on it claiming it would probably just sit in the store. Yeah-maybe.

I've checked out the IVGCA [vintage collectors assoc.], Southpaw guitars in Texas, and Collectors weekly. They look like excellent places to start looking for a respectable buyer.

Gonna test one of those Boss units once I have the strat neck installed-looks like it has pretty good reviews.

Thank again for the help bro. If I can pull off this strat upgrade and can stick with it I w/be looking for an XM series electric. They are sweeet looking.

Great site!