Username: Password:

Author Topic: WI 62 info wanted  (Read 2900 times)

Offline washburnie

• View Profile
WI 62 info wanted
« on: December 11, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »
I am new here and I bought a Washburn WI 62 DLK new back in '05. I love this guitar it sounds great, dig the unique shape (not a Les Paul clone). I have been unsuccessful finding any info about this guitar, the wood, type of humbuckers, options, type of neck, the history of the model, all the stats ETC. I do know it was made in Indonesia and preceeded the WI 64. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline Hawaii69

• View Profile
WI 62 info wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:20:34 PM »
It's about the same as the Wi64, without the VCC tone controls.  Made of Mahogany, Probably Washburn WB630 pickups, set neck.
My Guitars:
Quilt Blue WI66Pro
Alvarez RD20S

Offline washburnie

• View Profile
WI 62 info wanted
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 09:29:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply Hawaii69. I did find my old ebay sales info; I printed the whole ebay listing when I bought it. It was listed as “a new Washburn WI62DLK idol model guitar (W/bag) that was just released as a beginning of the year limited special, and there were only a few made.”  
As for the guitar itself here is what is listed “.. solid mahogany body with flame maple top in blue finish, maple neck with rosewood fretboard, gold hardware, Grover enclosed tuners, stop tailpiece, Washburn Eliminator pickups”
The very few of us that have a WI 62 do not have any serial # anywhere on the guitar. According to Washburn.com “If the instrument does not have a serial number, it is likely a factory prototype or sample, and it is impossible to gauge its exact age.”  And “If your instrument does not have a serial number, the instrument cannot be dated or identified.”
So is this thing a prototype? Maple or mahogany neck? Eliminator pickups? Just curious, it's a really great guitar, a shame they didn't make more of these.

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
WI 62 info wanted
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 10:27:22 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by washburnie

just released as a beginning of the year limited special, and there were only a few made.”  
As for the guitar itself here is what is listed “.. solid mahogany body with flame maple top in blue finish, maple neck with rosewood fretboard, gold hardware, Grover enclosed tuners, stop tailpiece, Washburn Eliminator pickups”
The very few of us that have a WI 62 do not have any serial # anywhere on the guitar. According to Washburn.com “If the instrument does not have a serial number, it is likely a factory prototype or sample, and it is impossible to gauge its exact age.”  And “If your instrument does not have a serial number, the instrument cannot be dated or identified.”
So is this thing a prototype? Maple or mahogany neck? Eliminator pickups? Just curious, it's a really great guitar, a shame they didn't make more of these.

Maple Neck with a Rosewood board....

Ok, stop typing and start taking pictures, please. [8D]

http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

Offline washburnie

• View Profile
WI 62 info wanted
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »
I will try to post pics soon, wife out and has the camera. I really think it is a mahogany neck and not maple.

Offline washburnie

• View Profile
WI 62 info wanted
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »
Having much difficulty loading pics,sorry.