Username: Password:

Author Topic: dime guitars  (Read 15278 times)

Offline sharn666

• View Profile
dime guitars
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by greensnake

thanks guys
i didnt realize how much history and how many various models there are. i better get busy.thanx again for all the info

i own usa made dimeslime i purchased it a couple years before his death i paid $6500 aus for it.I dont play it any more its just hidden away.As you know we get much usa guitars over here i often think about selling it because dimes guitars have a certain stigmata about playing them now his dead.If i would ever sell it i would be asking around $10500 for it.Its a crazy price but i dont care because in this part of the world we dont get many usa guitars only if there is a special order.But i also just purchased a zakk wylde custom les paul to replace the slime while it hibinates. who knows i might get it might not buts it stays until the right price comes along.I also think alot of people that own usa dime washburns will be doing the same thing.

Offline sharn666

• View Profile
dime guitars
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 09:54:49 PM »
I would be very suprised if washburn did a re run of dime guitars,because wouldnt they have to get dimes authority to do that and the fact that he switched guitar companys before his death,could call for some heavy law suits.I also think deans going a bit over the top with there guitars for f**k sake let the man rest in peace.

Offline DarthJester

• View Profile
dime guitars
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 06:48:25 PM »
quote:
btw im also on deans forum i hope this doesnt offend. they are awesome guitars im hoping i can find the same quality w/ washburn.

I started my quest for Simesticks with buying a Dean, since Dime said so many good things about them (see how marketing works...) although I would've liked to have a Washy, afterall, that's what I had seen him play always... Anyway, along the way I got Washys Dime333 and I gotta say, Washburns feels better in my hands.

I'm also on Dean boards just like you...

First post, YAY!

Jackson BlOoDy KeLlY KE3
WaShBuRn Dime-333 DimeSlime
DeaN Dime-O-Flame ML
WaShBuRn StEaLtH 2ST
there should be an acoustic around here somewhere...
JACKSON Kelly
ESP Explorer
pic
amp

Offline tim.childers

• View Profile
dime guitars
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 09:16:03 PM »
hey im interested in that slime sharn666 so let me know
tim childers

Offline dimebonixxx

• View Profile
dime guitars
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 04:59:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by MattyH316

I have a Washburn Dimebolt and was wondering how you can tell what kind it is? I know it is american and thats ALL I know about it. Are the original Dimebolts all 333's?

actually, Dime 333's are imports (most from Korea if not all). There's a couple of ways to tell a USA one from an import. 1) has a diamond shaped volute on the back of the headstock 2) it'll either be stamped on the back Made in USA or have a razorblade with serial number 3) the headstock will be the same color as the body. so if you have a colored body and black headstock, its an import. Keep in mind there were black USA dimes as well (the Blackjack and the Stealth). 4) Itll say Washburn on the headstock with Dimebag Darrell Signature Model in smaller font. 5) Usually came with a Schaller Washburn floyd rose style bridge 6) Came with Seymour Duncan 59's in the neck and either Bill Lawrence XL500 or Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in bridge position. any other questions please ask. I've collected these for quite awhile

Offline McGruff666

• View Profile
dime guitars
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 10:22:40 AM »
Have a dimebolt 3 usa, thinking about selling. Anyone interested ?

Offline McGruff666

• View Profile
dime guitars
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 07:50:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by McGruff666

Have a dimebolt 3 usa, thinking about selling. Anyone interested ?

BUMP