Username: Password:

Author Topic: How rare is the X-50PRO FE in natural finish?  (Read 2008 times)

Offline TJM

• View Profile
How rare is the X-50PRO FE in natural finish?
« on: December 27, 2011, 11:48:53 AM »
I bought a couple of these guitars a few years back because there was only one place online I could buy them.  I search now and could not find any for sale in the US with a natural finish, not even on eBay.  According to the forum here, these guitars were produced in limited quantity.  The list price was originally $1,400.  I took one guitar to two local music stores.  One offered $350 and the other $140.  The EMG 81/85 pickups are worth more than $140.  The one store said the offer price is low because they can't find any for sale to compare.  Wouldn't that raise the value?  Anyway, Does anyone know what the current value is for the X Series X-50PRO FE in Natural Finish?  This is brand new with the tags.  The only time it was played was when I had a guitar tech set it up recently because it was in a box for a while and never played.

Link to thread with explanation of X-50 PRO FE in natural finish is limited:  http://forums.washburn.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9722&SearchTerms=X50profe,natural
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:57:27 AM by TJM »

Offline Chaos Rex

• View Profile
Re: How rare is the X-50PRO FE in natural finish?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:16:30 AM »
X-50PRO FE isn't exactly rare. The first natural finish X-50s were the PROF and made in Korea. They did not appear to be as plentiful as the trans blue and red X-50 PROs but they weren't impossible to find. I believe they might have gone to specific retailers.

The X-50 PROF was replaced by the X-50 PRO FE. The FE might have stood for "Face Eraser" as the X-81 was called the Face Eraser. Or it might have stood for "Flamed Ebony" speaking of the top and the fret board. The X-50 PRO Fs that I have seen were made in Indonesia and did not match the quality of the X-50 PROF.

$350 is probably a pretty good price. You might get a little more on ebay but I haven't been checking prices on there lately.
Founding Member of the Nuno Brigade
Davies Division
Maple on Mahogany Militia

My Guitars