Username: Password:

Author Topic: My new Oscar Schmidt/Washburn OD312 12 string acoustic guitar  (Read 5942 times)

Offline comicvent

• View Profile
    • http://www.comicvent.com
My new Oscar Schmidt/Washburn OD312 12 string acoustic guitar
« on: January 07, 2012, 03:52:40 PM »
Greetings,

I just wanted to share as it has been a while.  I just received my new Oscar Schmidt/Washburn OD312 acoustic guitar from Butler Music out of MO.  The guitar was a replacement for an OG312 that had a bad neck.  This new model plays and sounds just great considering it's price range in the under $200.00 area. In fact in the $150.00 range. 

I really recommend this model for working on new material and it sounds great in the alternate tunings I use as well.

Cheers,

Larry Harris
Germantown, MD
Lawrence E. Harris

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: My new Oscar Schmidt/Washburn OD312 12 string acoustic guitar
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
Very nice.  Enjoy!!

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »
Congrats Larry, any pics?

Offline comicvent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »
Shortly I will post a picture
Lawrence E. Harris

Offline ninhalo5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 12:30:19 PM »
Make sure you get your non-covering anything lifetime warranty in within 10 days of purchase. Sorry I thought Washburn used to be a reputable company, not anymore. They only give you 10 days to submit your lifetime warranty; why? because their guitars are Chinese junk.
I got the exact guitar you got for Christmas, of course I couldn't submit the warranty in time from the day it was bought, though that is OK because the lifetime warranty covers absolutely nothing except for the electronics for a year. Which by the way the guitar comes with no instructions on the tuner.
I was super excited about this guitar when I opened it. It looked beautiful and had a beautiful sound and much better than the other non-Washburn guitar I wanted; it seemed. However within 3 hours of playtime the varnish and the neck is starting to crack and pull away from the body (about the thickness of a medium pick), it still sounds good but the guitar will be lucky to survive another 3 hours of play time. I'm even trying to keep it tuned to D so the neck wont be so stressed, not that it matters; the strings will drop down to a C while the guitar is at rest. We've really been had on this guitar, next time I'll stick to Yamaha's, at least the Japanese puts pride into their work. Every instrument I own be it a piano, keyboard or guitar are Yamaha's and they are flawless.
Thank you Washburn, never again.

Just wanted to give you a pre-caution. Hope you have better luck than I did. :'(

http://www.haloskydesigns.com/washburn2.jpg

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »
Welcome ninhalo5. Sorry to hear of your bad experience with this guitar.I have personally had two good warranty, repairs, with Washburn. I took  my guitars to authorized Washburn repair centers.before giving up I would try and do the same. Tom. :) P.S. I read the 10 day part, but I would still try. :)

Offline comicvent

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 06:36:54 PM »
My OD312 was a replacement so I was able to verify when I got the guitar and Butler Music is a great dealer that takes care of their customers.  I have a WD7 that I got last March and it is a great guitar and not one issue.

I must clarify that the OD312 was a direct replacement for the OG312 that I got and was defective.

I plan on getting a set up om my 12 string so I look forward to a lot of years of good service.

Cheers,

Larry Harris
Lawrence E. Harris