Username: Password:

Author Topic: Just bought a Idol Series Washburn on Ebay (new)  (Read 1930 times)

Offline locksand45

• View Profile
Just bought a Idol Series Washburn on Ebay (new)
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:13:07 AM »
I think its a WIN PRO, but I'm not sure.  The store didn't have the model type or any of the specs.  All they know is that it is new.  It has a Duncan ESM humbuckers is a les paul shape, bound fretboard and body, 22 frets with pearl wing inlays, it is tobacco sunburst, but there is no model name on the truss cover, it is just black.  On the washburn website, the only one I could find that matched was the WIN PRO, but perhaps there are other models too?  I thought it might be the standard, but according to pics on the website, it says win std on the truss cover, same with deluxe.  I bought it because it was affordable, had mahagony body and bound fretboard (important to me).  Anyone have any other ideas of what it might be?  Through the finish, you can see the wood grain so it might have a flame cap of some sort.

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
Just bought a Idol Series Washburn on Ebay (new)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 12:25:07 PM »
Locksand, welcome to the forum. It would be easier to identify if you sent some pictures. There are some folks on this forum that are pretty knowledgable and can probaly help you.  murph

Offline locksand45

• View Profile
Re: Just bought a Idol Series Washburn on Ebay (new)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:42:24 AM »
Hi, the seller sold me a different one for the same price because the one that I bought on ebay, sold in his store.  The one I have now is a sunburst Idol WIN PRO.  I was reading up on the WIN PRO models and they are supposed to have a flame maple cap or veneer.  This one doesn't, however.  Nor is there a model name on the truss cover (just like the last one).  The pics on the washburn website show the win pro without a model name on the truss cover too; but the picture shows a very apparent flame maple cap or veneer.  What's up with this?  Does washburn sell a win pro without the flame maple top?  Appreciate any info,

cheers