I've used this forum software before, it's a good system!
1. On the index of threads for each board (i.e...for the "Classical Series" board in the "Washburn Acoustic Guitars" forum), how about enabling the function that will mark in some manner the threads on which we have members have posted. That always helps me when I'm scanning the "unread posts" feature. I think it's an administrator-specific function, never seen it on a CP.
2. If possible, enable a "subscribe" function that would automatically email us whenever a reply has been posted in a thread in which we posted. It is usually a function we enable from within our profile option settings. On the other forums I frequent it is a user defined option on "Default Thread Subscription Mode
" under Messaging and Notification
on our user CP.
3. At my age, it's getting increasingly harder to read fine print. I'd like the option of "bolding" all print....can you find a way for us to enable that function, too? I know I can do it using the B icon when I post a comment, but would like to have a way to apply the bolded print to everything that appears on my screen. Can't help you with location.....never seen it, but sure would like to
4. How about enabling a setting that will allow us users to define the forums which we would like to appear on the "New Posts" function? I'd have little interest in the goings-on in the "U.K. Section" member board, for example, or even the other U.S. geographical boards since I seldom venture out of the midwest U.S.A., so I could cut down the clutter in the "New Posts" listings. On the other forums I frequent it's user defined in our CP, "Forums to exclude from view
" under Miscellaneous Options
I'm sure more will come to mind, particularly for those of us who are active in a variety of forum formats.
5. I really like the "Avatar" option!! Need go choose one, though.....so many options, so few choices!
Good move, WEBgUy!!