Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idol Win-Pro  (Read 18116 times)

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
Idol Win-Pro
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
I just ordered a Red winpro and it seems like it will be a good guitar. Is everyone in here really that angry about the original Idol?   

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
    • http://rnamusiconline.com
Re: Idol Win-Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:07:47 PM »
Yes.
Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »
I Like the LP. If washburn hadn't changed I would've never Bought one.

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 09:37:58 PM »
I have an Epi LP that kills this washburn copy. I like the original Idol. I own 3. I will buy more of those, but it will have to be with the used market it seems. I will never buy their new one. Just scoop up the old ones on ebay and craigslist. The thing is you have a lot of guys who already own Washburn guitars, many have multiple Idols, who will NOT buy the lp copy.
Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »
So your saying that if the win-pro had the original idol shape it would be a better guitar? Also which Epi do you have?

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
The quality of the winpro AND the origianal Idol shape has been greatly diminished in the last 2 years. Hardware, electronics, etc.

Washburn used to produce Idols of a higher caliber. The wi66pro, even the wi45. The wi66pro used to sell for around $700-800 new. the 349 winpro will not offer the same quality. No grover tuners, no tone pro bridges, no EMGs, no USA Seymour Duncans. The new owners have cheaped out on the construction of the imports in the last 2 years. Sure they are cheaper than what was previously produced......better price point, but you also get what you pay for.

I prefer the look of the original shape. The quality of the original and the winpro produced in the last 2 years is the same.  The point is the Washburn LP "copy" is not a better constructed guitar than a similarly priced Epiphone LP. So.............why would you buy one if what you want is a les paul? What are you getting from the Washburn winpro that you aren't getting from an Epiphone?

At least with the ORIGINAL Idol you had a guitar that had it's own Look/Identity. Also the upper fret access on the original offers a distinct advantage over the LP.

The original shape is more aesthetically pleasing to me personally, and yes I think it is a better PLAYING guitar than the LP shape because of the ergonomics of the shape. BUT the ones produced in the last 2 years (original and new) are a are far cry from the quality of the previously incarnations. I've played the new and the old both.

As I said I own three Washburn Idols already. I am always on the lookout for another WI66pro or even a WI45, as well as USA Idols. I certainly don't hate Washburn. I want them to do well as a brand. I disagree with the direction they are taking with their electric guitars.

Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »
I won't ever pay 700 to 800 for a guitar. I can't afford that. Also I like the look of a new age LP over the classic look. If I had the money I would've bought the Epi Zakk Wild target model. But that's to much for me to afford. Everyone has a different story and opinion. What kind of Epi do you play?

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »
I usually don't play it although it's a great guitar. I play my Idols instead! It's a limited edition in sparkle blue. Came out around 2005 I believe. Gibson USA PIckups. I swapped out the plastic kluson tuners for actual Gibson/Grover Tuners.

My 66pro that sold for around 7-800 new............. paid $240 for it.

My USA Washburn Pilsen Idol that sold for around $1000 new............paid $250

My Boogiestreet Limited Edition Elite Idol............I won't say because Eric made me a great deal.....but it was under the regular sale price of
$900-ish. It's actually the most I've paid for a guitar.

My Gibson Explorer which sold new around the time I bought it for $900-1000................paid $500.00

There's always a way to find killer deals on great guitars if you are patient and know when to buy.

The Limited Edition Epiphone Lp sold new for  $600-ish.....................paid about $400.00

Got a Takamine acoustic that retailed for about 1400.00...............got it nrand new for $498.
Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 06:10:02 PM »
Thats cool. What amp are you playing threw?

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 08:21:02 PM »
Mostly using a Fender SuperChamp XD running through a Randall 2x12 or a Jet City 4x12.
Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline irishs12

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »
The quality of the winpro AND the origianal Idol shape has been greatly diminished in the last 2 years. Hardware, electronics, etc.

Washburn used to produce Idols of a higher caliber. The wi66pro, even the wi45. The wi66pro used to sell for around $700-800 new. the 349 winpro will not offer the same quality. No grover tuners, no tone pro bridges, no EMGs, no USA Seymour Duncans. The new owners have cheaped out on the construction of the imports in the last 2 years. Sure they are cheaper than what was previously produced......better price point, but you also get what you pay for.

I prefer the look of the original shape. The quality of the original and the winpro produced in the last 2 years is the same.  The point is the Washburn LP "copy" is not a better constructed guitar than a similarly priced Epiphone LP. So.............why would you buy one if what you want is a les paul? What are you getting from the Washburn winpro that you aren't getting from an Epiphone?

At least with the ORIGINAL Idol you had a guitar that had it's own Look/Identity. Also the upper fret access on the original offers a distinct advantage over the LP.

The original shape is more aesthetically pleasing to me personally, and yes I think it is a better PLAYING guitar than the LP shape because of the ergonomics of the shape. BUT the ones produced in the last 2 years (original and new) are a are far cry from the quality of the previously incarnations. I've played the new and the old both.

As I said I own three Washburn Idols already. I am always on the lookout for another WI66pro or even a WI45, as well as USA Idols. I certainly don't hate Washburn. I want them to do well as a brand. I disagree with the direction they are taking with their electric guitars.
No,the quality of the win pro is NOT the same as the real idols. My wi45 is WAY better made than the wi pro i just sold after owning for 2 hours.
wi45,wb400swk,custom mim strat.
 I'll never sell my washburns

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »
I think you misread my post. The Winpro and the "original" shape produced side by side with them during the last 2 years is the same construction quality.

The wi66, wi45, wi64 etc have not been produced in the last 2 years. I did say the originals that were produced earlier than the last 2 years are far superior.
Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »
"Washburn used to produce Idols of a higher caliber. The wi66pro, even the wi45."

"The quality of the original and the winpro produced in the last 2 years is the same."

"the ones produced in the last 2 years (original and new) are a are far cry from the quality of the previously incarnations."

I might not have made that very clear.

The WI45 is much better than the "original" shape that has been sold for the past year or more.

Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline irishs12

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »
I think you misread my post. The Winpro and the "original" shape produced side by side with them during the last 2 years is the same construction quality.

The wi66, wi45, wi64 etc have not been produced in the last 2 years. I did say the originals that were produced earlier than the last 2 years are far superior.
Sorry mate,I was actually agreeing with you. Something lost in translation I think.
wi45,wb400swk,custom mim strat.
 I'll never sell my washburns

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 05:20:20 PM »
Well, I do realize I'm not getting a 1000 dollar custom shop Washburn, but I will see for my self in a couple of days as to the quality of the Win Pro. I only play in my living room with my kids. So I'm sure it will be fine. I will post again when I receive my Win Pro.