Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idol Win-Pro  (Read 18094 times)

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
    • http://rnamusiconline.com
Re: Idol Win-Pro
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »
I think you misread my post. The Winpro and the "original" shape produced side by side with them during the last 2 years is the same construction quality.

The wi66, wi45, wi64 etc have not been produced in the last 2 years. I did say the originals that were produced earlier than the last 2 years are far superior.
Sorry mate,I was actually agreeing with you. Something lost in translation I think.

It's all good Irish! We are on the same page my friend. I would love to get my hands on a WI45. Killer guitars.
Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »
I got my new  win-pro yesterday and it was a very nice guitar its worth every cent. But the neck was cracked. So im getting a replacement next week. Stay tuned for an update .
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:11:14 AM by Paul5992 »

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »
I got my new, new  win-pro today. It is perfect and it sounds amazing. It's bright when you want it, and it's  very warm and mellow when you need a real bluesy tone. The win-pro is a real winner!!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:10:01 AM by Paul5992 »

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 09:06:01 AM »
Well, I've had my new win-pro for 2 days now and i can't put it down. I love the feel of the neck and the adjustability of the tone . Its endless fun.oh, and did i mention it's gorges.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:07:37 AM by Paul5992 »

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 08:35:53 PM »
My new idol win-pro is a very nice guitar. If you like the lp shape and want a very hot guitar this thing is for you. Love it.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 07:55:31 PM »
Still loven my new idol. The grover tuners are awesome. But i hardly have to use them. Because the guitar is never out of tune.

Offline Evil D

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »
If you ever get a chance, play an older style Idol.  You will love it too.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 04:28:19 PM »
If i had any friends that played or if i new anyone that had one i would love to. Washburns are my new favorite. I'm still an esp guy but Washburns really gotten my attention now. Two thumbs up!!!!

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »
Just fyi. The new idol win-pro. Has hb-102's in it for pickups. I'm gonna get some distortions for it. The 102s are good but i want some distortions.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 09:15:28 PM »
Still playing my new idol win-pro with the 102's. Sounds and plays awesome. I play it everyday.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 06:12:59 PM »
Still loven it. :D

Offline Pilsen160

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »
I joined this forum just to jump in on this discussion. It is upsetting that Washburn has discontinued the old idols. I have a Pilsen Idol, one of the ugly brown ones. I swapped off the black pickup rings for cream, and the block knobs for gold, and now it has that "black beauty" look. I call it the African Queen!

I also swapped out the original Seymour Duncan '59 pickups, which I found lacking, for a pair of Dimarzio PAF's. The Dimarzios are the same price range as the Duncans, but they sound worlds better in this guitar. We did a side by side test, and my Pilsen sounded almost exactly like my friend's $3000 Gibson Les Paul custom shop R8 (1958 reissue).

Not only does it sound unbelievably good, but the guitar is fantastic to play. It surprises me every time I pick it up.

That's all to say that those old US-made, custom shop Idols were the real deal.

Offline Paul5992

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »
I like my new washburn better then my esp.

Offline alpheus94

• View Profile
    • http://rnamusiconline.com
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 05:07:46 PM »
I joined this forum just to jump in on this discussion. It is upsetting that Washburn has discontinued the old idols. I have a Pilsen Idol, one of the ugly brown ones. I swapped off the black pickup rings for cream, and the block knobs for gold, and now it has that "black beauty" look. I call it the African Queen!

I also swapped out the original Seymour Duncan '59 pickups, which I found lacking, for a pair of Dimarzio PAF's. The Dimarzios are the same price range as the Duncans, but they sound worlds better in this guitar. We did a side by side test, and my Pilsen sounded almost exactly like my friend's $3000 Gibson Les Paul custom shop R8 (1958 reissue).

Not only does it sound unbelievably good, but the guitar is fantastic to play. It surprises me every time I pick it up.

That's all to say that those old US-made, custom shop Idols were the real deal.

You have the Root Beer Pilsen?

I have a black USA Pilsen. It's a GREAT guitar. The thick body Original Idols were BEASTLY.
Owner of RNA MUSIC.

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
@ paul5992 - man that's great that you're diggin' your winpro. Nothing wrong with that at all. I hope thousands more havethe same experience, funneling funds to Washburn and allowing them to resume creative design and production.

Just like anything, looks are subjective, and many of us found the original Idol shape to be a unique and beautiful departure from the LP shape we all love. The heel geometry was an ergonomic improvement. Clearly USA custom shop build quality was stellar, and in the early days, the korean built 45', 66's, and 67's were a tremendous value, even at the 6 -700 dollar retail point, relative to other similiar guitars out there.

They abandoned the design as well as the manufacturers involved, and we, owners, were bummed. That's all.

But man, if you were able to find a Washburn that you could afford, and you Love the looks, and you're playing the snot out of it, that's ALL good and nobody can call you out on it. Cheers.

@ Alpheus94: a Pilsen for $250.00?????? Are you f*n' KIDDING Me???? The seller should be slapped, but congrats to you, man.

I'd kill to find a 68 or a pilsen for sale. And I'm well prepared to pay 3 - 4 times that and feel that the angels were smiling upon my sorry soul. You lucky so n so....jeez. Man, you ruined my day.
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2