Username: Password:

Author Topic: Buzz Feiten system?  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Buzz Feiten system?
« on: February 05, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
I really WANT to like the Feiten system on my D46, but it seems to be defying me. Once I got past the hype about how it's gonna improve my playing, I'm happy that it's just a good bone nut.

But the B string just will not intonate correctly. I use the onboard tuner, but to play a C chord I have to sharp the B a tiny bit... which would seem to put the lie to the Feiten setup.

At the moment I'm not playing much, so I'll probably find time to restring & see if that helps, but I suspect it may need a slight touch of the files.

Anyone got impressions of the Feiten setup? Has it made the promised huge difference for you?
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: Buzz Feiten system?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »
This subject can get  touchy sometimes around here. Seems  some really do like it and others think its all hype. As for my my guitars with it, are no better than those without.And no difference when I change nut or saddle or both.  Tom :) P.S. remember I am no expert. :)

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Re: Buzz Feiten system?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »
I think it's very telling that many of the manufacturers that had produced models implementing the BFTS have since abandoned it.

I've had two models with BFTS... never could get on-board with all the hype.