Username: Password:

Author Topic: My new Washburn D10s K  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Crist

• View Profile
My new Washburn D10s K
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:12:20 AM »
Hi Guys and Gals

I'm from Adelaide South Australia and purchased a brand new D10sk(spruce top) from a music store in Melbourne Australia. The unit has 125 year anniversary on the label and made in Indonesia. It came with a genuine Washburn case. It also has the Buzz Feiten tuning system.
I believe this model is no longer in production. I am wondering if I should get the strings replaced as they have been on the guitar for a while.
The guitar  has never been on display ie in its case. If the answer is yes then what strings do people recommend.
I also recently bought  a Martin D28 and  purchased the Washburn for picnics and backyard playing. It is unfair to compare the two. The Martin is
an exceptional instrument however not something I feel comfortable about taking to a social family gathering.
The closest sounding Martin to the D10s I have heard is the DRS1. Which can be had for double the price fere in Australia.
Anyways would appreciate recommendations. Someone said you ccan't go wrong with D'Addario's EJ  16's however your experienced opinion is much sought.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: My new Washburn D10s K
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »
Factory D10S models were fitted with DaVinci light gauge strings (the "K" in your guitar's model name indicates it came with a case from the factory).

I notice Washburn is now fitting D'Addario's at the factory--again, light gauge.

At any rate, your favorite brand of strings in light gauge ought to work just fine.

Myself, I like Dean Markley GoldBronze Alchemy strings....expensive, but they hold their tone and their tune for a long time, so in the end they cost me about as much as more frequently changed but less expensive strings.  I'd just rather spend my time playing than changing strings and stretching them in until they quit losing their tune....but that's just me.

Hope this has helped.

Cheers from.....
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Crist

• View Profile
Re: My new Washburn D10s K
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
Thankyou for your suggestion. The one I have came with D'addario strings however they have been on the guitar for a while whilst in the case and I feel the need to change them