Username: Password:

Author Topic: lookin for info on my J28SCE/TS  (Read 5766 times)

Offline mycousinpatrick

• View Profile
lookin for info on my J28SCE/TS
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »
I bought a washburn J28SCE/TS, I was told it was over twenty or twenty five years old, I've tried LOADS of searches on the internet and cannot find mention of a J28 TS,  i've been learning guitar for less than a year and am not sure what details I need to give, it has the sticker inside the soundhole with a serial number n all, its a lovely red sorta colour with a sunburst effect on the front n lovely inlays up along the fretboard. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: lookin for info on my J28SCE/TS
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:33:28 PM »
 Welcome, nothing on search here either. Tom. :)  Correction. when I put in the SCE got lots of hits.Type in your guitar in search. Dont no if you will find all your looking for, but its something. Tom.   :)

Offline mycousinpatrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:57:25 AM »
Yeah when U use the SCE theres loads out there but they all seem to be new guitars with DL or something, THanks for your help anyway though, Cheers

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:35:41 AM »
J = Jumbo
28 = Model
S = Solid top
C = Cutaway
E = Electronics
TS = Tobacco Sunburst

(DL = Deluxe)

Offline mycousinpatrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 06:57:44 AM »
AH right, cheers man, the body of the guitar is a deep red sorta, I found a picture of one the same in a search on google but its on a croatian website n i cant understand a word, i found the price though in their money n think it translates to 1500euro, i dunno if thats right though. If this guitar is valuable I'd get it insured ya know cos I only paid a couple of hundred for it. heres the page the pic is on http://www.njuskalo.hr/gitare/washburn-cumberland-j28sce-ts-oglas-2856392 if anyone would have a look n maybe you'd recognise the guitar yourselves or somethin. cheers

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 07:39:55 AM »
J28 SCE
- single rounded cutaway jumbo body, solid spruce top, round soundhole, bound body, inlaid rosette,
mahogany back/sides/neck, 14/20-fret bound rosewood fingerboard with pearl ┬┤crown┬┤ inlay, rosewood
bridge with white bridgepins, three-per-side chrome Grover tuners, piezo bridge pickup, volume/3-band
EQ controls, Equis Gold preamp, available in Tobacco Sunburst or Natural finish, mfg. 1995-2000.

Grading 100% Excellent Average
N/A $500 - 600 $325 - 375
Last MSR was $1,150.
This model is different than the Cumberland model that is similar to the other J28 SDL models. The
original J28 SCE has mahogany back and sides.

Note the dates of manufacture.  The first two digits of the serial number should be the year your guitar was made.