Username: Password:

Author Topic: Parlor Guitar  (Read 3288 times)

Offline patrick

• View Profile
Parlor Guitar
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:38:39 AM »
Just what the differences in all of the Parlor Guitar series, R314, R315, R319, R321, what do the letters SWKK (etc.)  stand for? I would like any and all info on these? How can I obtain a brochure on these?

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Parlor Guitar
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:08:36 AM »
Just what the differences in all of the Parlor Guitar series, R314, R315, R319, R321, what do the letters SWKK (etc.)  stand for? I would like any and all info on these? How can I obtain a brochure on these?

Differences between the models are probably tonewoods, fretmarkers, that sort of thing, perhaps inlays on the fingerboard.

SWKK in this case means:

SW=an all solid wood guitar.  If the guitar has only a solid wood soundboard (laminate sides and back) there is no "W" after the "S".
K=in this case the first "K" probably means the guitar features Hawaiian Koa wood...
K=in this case, the second "K" indicates the guitar purchase included the case....a sorta cool "coffin" shaped case, as the case was suppose to replicate the "vintage" look, as was the guitar (Washburn refers to it as "pre-distressed")

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers from.....
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE, WMJ11S(now gifted),WSJ60SKELITE.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Darren Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC