Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello, I am a newbie  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Guitarmanrlk

• View Profile
Hello, I am a newbie
« on: March 04, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »
Hello, new to the forum. Just discovered Washburn guitars . Bought a D10S and wow I loved it so much that I also bought a D10SDL. Does the D10SDL have solid rosewood back and sides?  I have had all types of acoustic guitars in my lifetime . Some of these were very expensive.  The Washburn models I have compare favorably to these guitars.v

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I am a newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
D10SDL,  S= solid top,  DL = deluxe.  SW= solid wood.    I have 4 different types of D10's. I think there the best, mid, price range guitar.  Tom.   :)  P.S. D10's  come in a lot of different wood's.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:00:32 PM by t.y. »

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 03:40:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum.   :) :)

Your Washburn has a solid top, with laminate rosewood back and sides. 

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:50:15 AM »
Welcome guitarman. Sounds like a nice bunch of D10S's between you guys. Some pics of 'em would be great...

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:39:25 AM »
I grew tired of dreadnoughts and have only 2 left....my WD32SW could go if it would fetch a reasonable price or if I were offered what I think it is worth on trade for a better guitar.

However, the D10SDL is perhaps THE ONLY dreadnought I would buy if one came available at a reasonable price...while it is not an all solid-wood guitar, the features that make it the DL model interest me.  The bindings are solid wood rather than the white ivoryoid, for example.

If they would only have made the D10SDL with a cedar top  ;D !  Cedar over rosewood is such a delightful tonewood combo!

Guitarmanrlk, if possible would you post photos of your D10SDL?  I would be particularly interested in closeups of the bindings, rosette, all those things that sets it apart from the D10S you already had when you bought your DL model.

Thanks!

Cheers from.....
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Childbride

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum! The d10s is an awesome guitar!  :D