Username: Password:

Author Topic: odd WI-64DL  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Tonyrhs13

• View Profile
odd WI-64DL
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:30:49 PM »
well i think its a wi-64, bought it from a pawn shop about 2 years ago and it just doesnt look like any of the others out there the logo the lettering on the headstock and the body lines are kinda different. i changed the bridge pickup to a bill lawrence USA L500XL, it plays awsome with very low action couldnt be any happier with it, but anyways heres some pictures lmk if you need better ones.

Offline Tonyrhs13

• View Profile
Re: odd WI-64DL
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
also there was a made in korea sticker on the back of the headstock. took the whole guitar apart and no sign of any numbers anywhere. i,ve looked through a lot of pictures on google and havent found anything that looks similar.
 has no VCC no Buzz Feiten
 any input would be highly appreciated lol

Offline irishs12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »
I can't help you with the model unfortunately,but I was wondering about the bridge pickup. Is it a Bill lawrence l500xl from Bill and Becky lawrence or from the other company that owns the Bill Lawrence name but doesn't actually have anything to do with Bill Lawrence himself?
I just got a pair of these pickups from Bill and Becky Lawrence for my wi45 and I've sent it in to a shop to have proper tone pots with push pull coil taps fitted,I'm seriously looking forward to playing it when it comes back.
The pickups that Bill makes himself are really sweet sounding,but I have no experience of the others so I would be interested in your opinion.
wi45,wb400swk,custom mim strat.
 I'll never sell my washburns

Offline Tonyrhs13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:27:54 PM »
its not the bill and becky one its the other one lol confusing. its a nice pickup wish i had the bill and becky ones and another for the neck, nice sounding pickup just the bill lawrence one i have seems to be of bad quality(rubber looks like it was picked at but it never was i got it new)

Offline irishs12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 06:57:19 PM »
Thats interesting,my pickups don't have any rubber on them. The pickups Bill and Becky make are called wilde bill pickups and cost the exact same as the other ones and they are both made to Bill Lawrences design but the Bill and Becky ones win hands down in every review I've read.
wi45,wb400swk,custom mim strat.
 I'll never sell my washburns

Offline Tonyrhs13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 12:23:03 PM »
not sure if its actual rubber but its the crap they use to hold the 2 coils together and theres big chunks falling off it. I can get a good close up picture in a minute to show you what im talking about. im probly gonna run to the store to find something to fill it in make it look pretty again lol

yea hands down who ever reads this go for the bill and becky ones better quality and overall better sound.

Offline Tonyrhs13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »
heres somepics showing how it like chips off and dust and crap gets stuck in it. its like the material shrinks.

maybe someone else that has the bill and becky ones can throw up i good close up picture to compare and show why not to buy the bill lawrence ones lol.