Username: Password:

Author Topic: My first Washburn...  (Read 3894 times)

Offline chrislucrezia

• View Profile
My first Washburn...
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:57:55 PM »
Hello all, as a relative new comer to the world of guitar playing (I started roughly 2 years ago) I have never really owned a "new" guitar. I was going through some pawn shop ones, my first being a Lotus Les Paul Copy haha, then my next two being a Squire Strat and a really nice find Ibanez acoustic PF model for around $80 with a hard shell case. I was drawn more into the acoustic and played that the most. So one day I decided to sell my Ibanez (after much thought) and electric and put in for a "new" guitar. After getting some cash I headed over to my local Sam Ash in Atlanta and went for a stroll through the acoustic section. After looking at some great guitars, I saw this gorgeous Washburn hanging there. It was the only one and after picking it up and playing it, I knew it was mine. So i decided that, as I was getting slightly (and I mean slightly haha) better at guitar, I owed it to myself to "upgrade." Here she is.

And that's twice as bad as love, but not that sad...

Offline philpm

• View Profile
Re: My first Washburn...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 09:08:32 PM »
Chris, welcome to the forum and welcome to Washburn ownership.  Having bought my first acoustic last year after going through several electrics, I will say I think you'll find yourself very pleased with your purchase!  Is that the WD10S?  I bought the WMJ11S new (well, it was actually a Father's Day gift, but still) and have found it to be an incredibly nice sounding and well built guitar, especially for the price.  Be careful though, my purchase started a nasty case of GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) that's only now starting to abate somewhat.  Enjoy your purchase, and a personal review is always welcome.

Phil
On and off newbie player for about 20 years.

'08 Washburn WD-114SK (currently residing in Denver)
'10 Washburn WMJ11S
'09 Cherry Epiphone Dot
'13 Epiphone Thunderbird IV

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:04:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new washie.  Very nice looking guitar. :) :)

ship of fools

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
Nice looking Washburn I hope you end up playing the heck out of her, always good to upgrade after all you deserve it right.ship.............oh and welcome

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 09:39:16 AM »
 Welcome and nice looking instrument.

However, please be advised that proper etiquette is to have the guitar on a "comfy couch" in the pictures. ;D
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 09:41:59 AM »
I just realized you said Sam Ash in Atlanta.  I live about 50 miles to the west.  I just don't ever get to the big city.  I keep saying one day I will go to Sam Ash and the Guitar Center but haven't ever been there yet.
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa

Offline luvmyshiner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 10:51:01 AM »
Welcome aboard Chris.  Nice lookin guit!
. . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . .  Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas  1902

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum Chris.

Offline chrislucrezia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for the nice welcome. Yea my guitar is a WD10S. I actually play with light gauge strings on it. I just really dig the sound of them. I think it was Ernie Ball Earthwoods. So far the guitar has been amazing. I feel as though I'm able to move about the frets faster than on my Ibanez. I think the neck might have something to do with it. I like that it has an almost matte finish to it. Makes chord changes nice. I mostly play rhythm. Although I've gotten into a bit of finger picking. I like playing old style country (I refer to it has the "Cash" style ha) and folk-ish. I know that this guitar is going to stay with me forever.
And that's twice as bad as love, but not that sad...

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »
Chris, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the heck out of  that good looking git. murph

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 06:28:51 PM »
Welcome. I also like the Ernie Ball Earthwoods. The sound they make on a Dread is hard to beat. IMHO  a  Washburn,  bang for the buck, is hard to beat.  Tom.   :)  P.S.  I forgot, enjoy your new guitar.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:31:06 PM by t.y. »

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
Congrats...I hope you enjoy it!  I have a WD10S also and like it.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »
Congrats and welcome Chris. She's a beauty!

Offline WD10

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:27 PM »
Welcome Chris, beautiful guitar indeed. I should know, I have one too ;D

Actually I have the WD10SCE, the acoustic-electric version. Other than the built-in pickup and preamp is identical. Love the balanced timbre and the sustain.

Mine  has the natural finish, not the glossy one. I guess that is what you meant by "matte".

Enjoy her, she looks and play great.
My love for Music far exceeds my talent for it

'11 Satin Washburn WD10SCENS
'11 Peavey Sanpera I Foot Controller
'09 Black Epiphone SG Prophecy Custom EX
'09 Peavey Vypyr75  Amp
'07 Candy Apple Red Fender Starcaster
??? Classical Eko Method (Made in Italy!)
'01 Technics SX-PC25 Electronic Piano