Username: Password:

Author Topic: Paisley Acoustic Vid & Tuning Question  (Read 1596 times)

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
Paisley Acoustic Vid & Tuning Question
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »
Check out this video of Brad Paisley performing "Anything Like Me" acoustic on Letterman.  Nice video and nice sound. 

The tuning appears to be drop D but do you think he's got the A or D string tuned differently as well?  I can't really tell.  Other than a nice tone on the D chord I'm not really sure I see an advantage to drop D for this song.  But then again I'm not Brad Paisley.   :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZazrQYirYLs

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: Paisley Acoustic Vid & Tuning Question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:22:33 PM »
Very nice.  Paisley is such a terrific player.  I think of him with a tele and a B bender.  Nice to listen to his acoustic chops.

My guess is the guitar is in drop D.  Having the root note (D) on the bottom can be a plus.

That Santa Cruz Dread is also pretty sweet.

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
Re: Paisley Acoustic Vid & Tuning Question
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »
Very nice.  Paisley is such a terrific player.  I think of him with a tele and a B bender.  Nice to listen to his acoustic chops.

My guess is the guitar is in drop D.  Having the root note (D) on the bottom can be a plus.

That Santa Cruz Dread is also pretty sweet.

I was trying to duplicate the song in drop D and weighing the pros and cons of that vs standard.  The D chord sounds really robust and strong but I can't get the same effect on the other chords.  I guess for a regular schmoe like me I'd better stick with standard tuning.