Username: Password:

Author Topic: My WD10 and 7  (Read 2563 times)

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
My WD10 and 7
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »
Here's a link to my WD10S and WD7SCE I thought I'd show off in here instead of the "show us your Washie" thread.

The WD7 doesn't win the pretty contest but it plays nicely, I've played it far more than the 10. 

I think my WD10 may just need a quick setup/adjustment.  I'm not getting a good sound out of it. 
The thing I love about the WD10S is the neck.  It's got the satin finish and is so smooth.

I don't think there's a lot of difference in terms of specs but the WD7SCE has the cutaway and built in pre-amp/tuner, which I like.   

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vJzPa67S7MlvoIs2O939iKwJ9XShvNPlyp1YCtNoRIU?feat=directlink
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:29:46 PM by mswhat298 »

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: My WD10 and 7
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »
Nice pair of Washies.  Thanks for sharing the pics.  You should get a set up done on the D10.  Not a lot of $$ and will make a BIG difference.

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »
The first place to go on the 10 would be the saddle.  Mine had two shims under it from the factory........a no-no by any book except, apparently Washburns.

Get a bone, or similar material saddle from someone like Treeroot or Bob Colosi.  It won't take more than twenty minutes to install with your next string change and the $25-$45 bucks you spend on it will add HUNDREDS of dollars to the sound of your D10.

You can install different end pins-------they will change the sound a bit.  You can install a bone nut.  The nut will change the sound some............if you strum open strings all day.  Fret a string and the nut is out of the picture.  The nut slots on my D10 were way high; lowering them to a decent height made it nice to play.
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa

Offline mswhat298

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
The first place to go on the 10 would be the saddle.  Mine had two shims under it from the factory........a no-no by any book except, apparently Washburns.

Get a bone, or similar material saddle from someone like Treeroot or Bob Colosi.  It won't take more than twenty minutes to install with your next string change and the $25-$45 bucks you spend on it will add HUNDREDS of dollars to the sound of your D10.

You can install different end pins-------they will change the sound a bit.  You can install a bone nut.  The nut will change the sound some............if you strum open strings all day.  Fret a string and the nut is out of the picture.  The nut slots on my D10 were way high; lowering them to a decent height made it nice to play.

Thanks for the tips.  I haven't noticed any shims under the saddle but then again, I wasn't looking for any so they may be there.  I need to put some new strings on, the 10 has been in it's case for a while,  so I'll double check when I do that. 

The nut seems to be at a good height on the WD10S.  I think the one on the WD7 is a tad high.