Username: Password:

Author Topic: Guitar Strings  (Read 9088 times)

Offline maddanny

• View Profile
Guitar Strings
« on: March 06, 2005, 08:17:41 AM »
I've started playing acoustic guitar a couple of months now very slowly coming along. I just purchased a Washburn HB-35 for a steal, couldn't pass it up. Iwanted to know what are the stock strings on the HB-35 and are there a better replacement set especially for a beginner like myself ( lighter Strings? )

Offline guitar masta

• View Profile
Guitar Strings
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 05:13:47 PM »
if i were u i would get some dean markley strings nine gauge they are great for beginers and advanced players they work wonders for any one
jesse yates

Offline rkmusic

• View Profile
Guitar Strings
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 07:55:47 PM »
I advise buying 2 sets, a 9 and ten guage then mixing them. IE
a 10 gauge for the high 'e', then two very close guage strings for the b & g, and also having the low e almost as light as the a string.
(use the a string from the heavier set as the e) I find this helps with tuning and gives a smoother sound and feel to everything. Otherwise, there is too much disparity between the strings, xspecially on the low end.

Offline Styles

• View Profile
Guitar Strings
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 09:53:38 AM »
If it's factory strings you want contact Washburn thell tell you what you ned to know...

I like elixer's there not cheap but if you love your guitar.....

D'darrio EXP's are nice.....

Other than that I think you should change your strings often until your happy with a set...

Rock  on..[8D]

Offline 6942

• View Profile
Guitar Strings
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 04:41:02 PM »
GHS Boomer 10's, would be a good choise.
More tone & less chance of string breakage than 9's.
GHS Boomers are fairly cheap, but give you good value.
Steven L. Solomon

Offline Mick5769

• View Profile
Guitar Strings
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 09:18:56 PM »
After many years of playing Acoustic (my preference) I have found I like the D'Adderio - Phospher Bronze J-16's the best. For my Electrics (I play mostly Light Jazz and Blues on those) I like the D'Adderio w/ a wound third (they finally make a set) I used to just buy a wound third for every set I bought (through Musician's Friend) best prices I've found so far. I have to add that it really depends on the style you play and what tone quality you prefer. JUST KEEP ON PICKIN'
Mick

Offline Windlessair

• View Profile
Guitar Strings
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »
Hi, Does anyone know what gauge strings came stock on a R-318SKK?