Username: Password:

Author Topic: NGD: Steve Davies Model S!  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Clean Channel

• View Profile
    • Stephen's Extended Cutaway fanpage
NGD: Steve Davies Model S!
« on: August 07, 2012, 08:55:29 AM »
I know it's not exactly an N4, but many of you guys know I'm a huge fan of ALL guitars with the Stephen's Extended Cutaway neck joint.  I already have a 1991 'Davies' N4 as well as three other guitars with the SEC (most notably my Model T, made by Steve Davies and his team at the Stephen's Stringed Instruments shop in Seattle in 1996).

My new one is another SEC guitar built by Steve Davies himself!  I've wanted on of his 'Model S' guitars for quite some time, and I was extremely lucky to make contact with the fellow who owned this one since the 90s.  I told him about who I was and about my enthusiasm for the SEC, and he was happy to sell me this very rare instrument! 

It features a solid alder body with flamed maple top, tobacco burst finish, rosewood fretboard, and Schaller floyd rose.  It delivers the beautiful strat tones that I've been yearning for on an SEC instrument!

For me, this one is the result of a long search, and I can't express how thrilled I am to have found it; a dream come true!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:00:20 AM by Clean Channel »
My Stephen's Extended Cutaway (SEC) guitars:
1996 Stephen's Model S
1996 Stephen's Model T
1991 'Davies' Washburn N4
1988 Washburn EC36
1994 Washburn DC60-E

Offline lone wolf

• View Profile
Re: NGD: Steve Davies Model S!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »
As another big fan of Washburn and SSI SEC guitars. I must say this particular style Model S is considered one of the "Holy Grail" guitars from Stephen's Stringed Instruments.
                                 What a score!!  Congrats

Offline db82000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 04:15:05 PM »
I have a Davies built strat guitar from around 1984. At that time Stephen Davies was living n Eugene, OR, where I live now. I emailed him about it and he said he remembered it and thought he built it around 1984. It's a sweet axe with a koa top, binding, and a lot of flame in the neck. The finish has that vintage crackling going on. If anyone wants pictures email me. I would consider selling it.  I have no idea how to add pictures here.
danb541@comcast.net
DBBBB

Offline lowefuhi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 11:27:16 PM »
Guitar lover would love this article that was totally about it this has many tracks on it that was amazing to listen. I need to write something on it that was on australian writing style this was my pleasure to write about the publisher.