Username: Password:

Author Topic: here is a nice looking guitar.  (Read 3954 times)

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
here is a nice looking guitar.
« on: August 21, 2012, 12:11:31 PM »
I have thought about this guitar, and cannot spend this money on it. A new set of rims for my bike are well over a 1,000 . but I  am saving. I would like a nice SW made in Korea. I no down the road I will kick myself in the butt for not buying this.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/380460913788?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649     Tom.   :)

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
Re: here is a nice looking guitar.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 06:45:39 AM »
Not positive, but I don't think that has solid back and sides. And the picture is of a dread, not a jumbo.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 08:38:55 AM »
Not positive, but I don't think that has solid back and sides. And the picture is of a dread, not a jumbo.

The back is not rosewood, either....suspicious listing, to say the least.

The seller has a high satisfaction rating...I wonder if they realize they have posted a photo that does not match the description (or, perhaps, vice-versa).

I like the look of the back of the guitar, though....sure is purty, ain't it!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE, WMJ11S(now gifted),WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 12:16:34 PM »
How do you tell a Jumbo from a non Jumbo?  I thought that was a stain pattern on the wood, the flame look I mean. So if that is the actual wood, what is it, flame Maple?  This is why I dont like buying guitars off line, becuase you are never sure what you are going to get. Now that I look, you cannot read the sticker inside.   I am going to ask them to explain, or post a link to this thread.    Tom.   :) :)   Even though I cant afford the guitar, thanks for the heads up. If I had had the cash to spend I would have bought it.   :)

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 02:17:50 PM »
How do you tell a Jumbo from a non Jumbo? 

Jumbos are deeper, have a HUGE lower bout and have curved corners on the upper bout.

Dreads have squared shoulders on the upper bout and the lower bout is not as large, nor are they as deep.

Washburn has produced some "southern jumbos", which IMHO are very much like the "Advanced Jumbo" that Gibson/Epiphone produce.  The AJ500RC I have fits comfortably into an Epiphone Masterbilt Dread case, so depth and overall body dimensions are closer to a dread than to a jumbo.  The "Advanced" part apparently refers to the bracing under the top, which is reported to be much closer to the soundhole, or "advanced" from the more rearward position of the ones to which it is compared.

I think the wood in the guitar you posted must be maple....although bubinga does come in some stunning quilted patterns, so that could be bubinga, too.

I hope the eBayer posts here on your thread, but I wouldn't hold my breath... ???

Cheers from Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE, WMJ11S(now gifted),WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 06:16:06 PM »
Thanks.  I sent this link write after last post. no answer to me or here.   that does not inspire confidence in me for there auctions.  Tom.   :)

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 06:22:44 PM »
http://www.oklahomavintageguitar.com/wareeddeprd3.html   Read this whole page and it says Q Maple  Then farther down Rosewood.  But to me beautiful guitar.   Wish I owned it.  Tom.   :) :)