Username: Password:

Author Topic: EA 20  (Read 3450 times)

Offline FilipeM

• View Profile
EA 20
« on: June 26, 2003, 05:37:20 PM »
Anyone here has a Washburn EA 20 ? What do you think about it?
There's any soundhole cover to it?

Thank you!

Offline Washburngrasser

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 03:13:39 AM »
Hey, I have an EA20 and I love it! Its my primary electric/acoustic. The one I had before was a Yamaha, and wasnt bad, but the EA20 blows it away. A truly great electric/acoustic.

Regarding the soundhole cover, I havent been able to find an oval one anywhere, so I made one. I found a piece of tupperware that my wife never used anymore and cut it to shape. Then, I wrapped black electrical tape all around it. Then, I use a couple of pieces of tape to hold it in place. It works, and it looks like something made for it.

Good pickin!

D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2003, 03:15:40 AM by Washburngrasser »
Martin D16-T
Blueridge BR160
Washburn D44SW
Epiphone AJ500RC 12 fret slothead
Martin D15S 12 fret slothead
Washburn D21S
Washburn EA20 Festival electric/acoustic
Alvarez/Yairi DY38
Gold Tone PBS Maple Deluxe dobro
Regal RD52 Black Lightning dobro
Washburn C80 Classical
Les Paul electric
Telecaster electric

Offline sid

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 08:14:27 AM »
I also have a (EA20)-SDL my first accoustic electric! it's my second new guitar (Epiphone)was the first. from Z's Music in Grand Rapids Mi. before they went out of buisness. The washburn is a real joy but I have yet to hear it plugged in.. as I dont have an amp or PA to hook it up to as of yet, my EA20 was from Musicians Friend Magazine the result of a contest I entered online..second place $500.00 gift certificate. The action on my Epiphone is a bit higher and the place of purchase went out of buisness so I never did take it in any where else to be checked out. Sid

Offline Punk77

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 01:33:50 PM »
i wouldnt buy from musician's friend, but you won something, so youre still cool. they only sell about 3 or 4 washburn acoustics, and no washburn electrics or basses

Offline eagle47

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 04:58:53 PM »
I have got a EA 20 festival series with equis 2 piezo pickup system that plays incredibly good. I´ve used it on stage as well as in studio and it really blows the competition away. I´ve had yamaha, ovation and ibanez to compare with and I´d take the washburn anyday. It really sings.[:p]

Offline sarah3680

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 02:01:12 AM »
I've got an EA20 and I LOVE IT! I work in a music store, so I'm always picking up other guitars, but I haven't found one I like as much as this one. If you're looking for a good mid-range guitar, its this one; it plays like guitars that sell for twice as much. Why do I like it?

THE NECK
It's got a slightly thinner neck than a standard acoustic, and is easier to play. Plus, its got super-low action.

THE BODY
Its got a slimmer body than a standard acoustic, so its closer to you, and, again, easier to play. But the body is still nice and broad, and produces a great sound. Oh, and the cutaway and oval soundhole with inlay are nice too.

THE PICKUP
The active pickup has chorus and a bunch of other fun things on it; I like to plug it in, turn everything up, and see how much NOISE this thing can make...don't let its pretty appearance fool you. It can
produce a bad-ass sound.

IT LOOKS COOL
I just think its a really unique-looking guitar. When I saw it, I liked it. When I played it, I knew it was mine.

Offline Washburngrasser

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 03:35:25 AM »
Way to go, Sarah!

WBG
Martin D16-T
Blueridge BR160
Washburn D44SW
Epiphone AJ500RC 12 fret slothead
Martin D15S 12 fret slothead
Washburn D21S
Washburn EA20 Festival electric/acoustic
Alvarez/Yairi DY38
Gold Tone PBS Maple Deluxe dobro
Regal RD52 Black Lightning dobro
Washburn C80 Classical
Les Paul electric
Telecaster electric

Offline Dennis

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 10:43:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Punk77

i wouldnt buy from musician's friend, but you won something, so youre still cool. they only sell about 3 or 4 washburn acoustics, and no washburn electrics or basses

I have had very good ecperience with musicians friend. There selection is low on Washburn though. Someone recommended music123 to me on the electrics forum, but a friend had a bad experience with them, and claimed they were rude.. oh well. I am still looking at local music shops before I buy the next Washburn, which will be an acoustic.

-Dennis (the other half of Lyon)

Offline Xtortion

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2003, 09:13:45 PM »
I just ordered one one these.  Hopefully it will be here next week some time.  Can't wait to check it out.

Offline chad

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2003, 12:07:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Xtortion

I just ordered one one these.  Hopefully it will be here next week some time.  Can't wait to check it out.

i guarantee you'll love it. I have 11 guitars (acoustic and electric) and my wahburn is the best sounding of all of my acoustics.It has a sound and tone like no other guitar that you have ever heard. I purchased mine from a friend of a friend that bought it in kansas city, mo. from a store that was going out of buisness he brought it back to the practice hall and none of the other members wanted it so i gave him $450.00 for it. It even came with ohsc too. At that time the EA20SDL was listing for about $1100.00 case included.But trust me, you'll be very pleased with it.

Offline ysergerie

• View Profile
EA 20
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 02:25:39 PM »
How much can I ask for my Washburn number EA20B  # 8904201
Dark Blue and in excellent condition. (with case)
y[?]
yves.sergerie@videotron.ca