Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn G5V  (Read 8637 times)

Offline CariS

• View Profile
Re: Washburn G5V
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »
Thanks Tom!! :) ;)  Can you look at the whammy bar area and tell me what kind of thing that is, like a Floyd Rose, or what??  I don't know how to order one unless I know what kind that is.  Thanks for everything!!!  What do you think about the guitar??  Truthfully!

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 12:02:58 AM »
I would like to have it ,I am a Washburn fan I guess you could say. Out of 9 guitars I have one Martin and one Fender. I don't count my Uke as a guitar.LOL.. As for your Trem, I am not sure.   Tom.  :)

Offline CariS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 06:06:48 PM »
Have you ever seen a G5V before?  I can't wait till my son get's it for Christmas and he can finally play his favorite 80's songs using his whammy bar!!  Night Ranger really rocks some guitar solos, along with a ton of other 80's bands!!  Poison, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Ozzy, Metalica, Ratt, and the list goes on!!  I am sure that you know all the bands from the 80's.  Unfortunately it is under "Classic Rock" these days, guess I am a classic!!  Thanks for all your information, and if you REALLY want it, let me know and maybe we can make a deal!!

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 07:59:33 PM »
I just bought two more guits, and getting ready to make a recording room, and have to get my Harley painted. don't see room in my wallet for another guitar.  But if you are looking to sell this is the place to start. Only have seen them in pictures.  I have more Washburn's than the local store. :o Strange but true.   Tom.   :)

Offline Bluejay_Mn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »
Hi!

I have quite a few G-5v guitars in my collection. I just love that guitar!  I bought one new in 1986 and still have that one.
Yours has a Wonderbar Tremolo. The Tremolo Bar is unique to this trem sytem. Sometimes you can find a vendor on Ebay that makes and sells them. The tremolo came in chrome, black or brushed alum-look. The locking nut is a Floyd-Rose style locking nut. I have a few styles that differ a little. Your neck has the shark fin inlay (cool) some of mine do and others do not. The humbucker pickup should have a coil tap and you should be able to engage the tap by lifting the volume knob.
Here is some information from the Vintage Washburn Site:  http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electrics/Force.html
G5 V   
- offset double cutaway Strat-style body, bolt-on maple neck, 24-fret rosewood fingerboard, black hocky stick-style headstock with six-on-one-side tuners, Wonderbar tremolo bridge with locking nut, single humbucker and two single coil pickups in HSS configuration, two knobs, five-way switch, available in Black or White finish, mfg. 1985-86.

This is my favorite guitar. I have four red, one black and one blue along with many other models of Washy's.
Enjoy!
1994 Laredo Lt-92
1984 Tour 24 (1 blk, 1 wht)
1986 Washburn G-5V (4 red, 1 blk and 1 blu)
1986 G-1V - Black