Username: Password:

Author Topic: D10CEB "G" String Pick Up Not Working  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Par8head

• View Profile
D10CEB "G" String Pick Up Not Working
« on: November 01, 2012, 08:23:32 PM »
Bought used for $130, guitar's in very good condition other than the  EQ300 does not amplify the "G" string, (the other five strings do amplify, and the volume;treble;mid;bass slides also work on those five). Is this a fixable thing or should I buy a new pick up?
I really like the sound and playability; sustain is pretty good and intonation is constant. I plan to use this as a travel/campfire instrument to protect my Taylor 814CE.
Also, any idea about its origin? SN is 9308107. I can't tell if it's solid top as the black color covers the sides of the sound hole.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: D10CEB "G" String Pick Up Not Working
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:41:43 PM »
CEB is not solid  D10SCE  is. Yours Cutout  Electric , Black is the color? Check that the saddle is all the way flat, not broke, or shimmed.  Tom.   :)

Offline Par8head

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
Tom
Thank you for your response. I restrung it and do remember that there were two acetate(1 clear, 1 black) shims below the saddle. I left them there but will remove and see how it is without them.
I'll report back in a couple of days.
Thanks again,
Wayne

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 01:10:13 PM »
Then I would make sure I put them back in the rite spot as color MAY make a difference.{density}.  Plus make sure the transducer wire is not hurt.  Tom  :)