Username: Password:

Author Topic: WD20S questions  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Ruger1987

• View Profile
WD20S questions
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »
Hey guys... first post, thanks for having me

Ive owned an acoustic guitar for about 3 years now and have been seriously playing and improving for the past year. its a china made cheapy... (fender dg8s). Im looking for a quality quitar made in the USA for a reasonable price and ive had my eye on washburn. i read the wd10s is made in china but i was wondering about the wd20s? and also just tell me what you love about your WD20s... i want... badly

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: WD20S questions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »
All of Washburns current acoustic guitars are made in Asia.  However, they are well made and considered to be a very good value.

The build quallity coming out of China now is very good.  A couple of companies are making beautiful, all solid wood, hide glue, nitro finished acoustics in China.  No power tools, no CAD machines.  Hand carved scalloped bracing.  First class build quality.

If you want a USA built acoustic, that's great.  Don't assume that "made off shore" equals cheap however.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: WD20S questions
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:33:19 AM »
+1    If you want a USA built acoustic, that's great.  Don't assume that "made off shore" equals cheap however.    Tom.   :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:34:58 AM by t.y. »