Username: Password:

Author Topic: Need info on OG20CETWR model, thinking about buying one on Craig's List  (Read 1823 times)

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Does anyone have any information on this model?

OG20CETWR, serial # SC00062250?

Any information would be appreciated....only one photo on Craig's list, but not exceptionally expensive at $110.  I am just looking for a campfire guitar, this is a CE model, but I probably would not use it for open mics as I have much better axes for that.  Just wondering about production dates (I know SC is Samick, China) and  value ranges.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
Re: Need info on OG20CETWR model, thinking about buying one on Craig's List
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:40:07 PM »
Well, I found out it's an Oscar Schmidt...not that there's anything wrong with that.  So very little info out there on it...only 3 hits when I Googled it.

I might check it out anyway, but without the Washburn name on the headstock, I'm not as interested as I was.

The search for an acceptable campfire guitar goes on with the motto:  "Onward: through the fog!!"

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
When I seen the O thats what I thought, but did not want to be wrong. If the price is rite for you, my OE30 is a real nice guitar. And I have played the OS acoustics at the store. and they sound nice and look better. Lots of bling. They have all had great paint and seem well set up. lots of Abalone and MOP. Just my .02.   Tom.   :)

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:23:28 PM »
Thanks, Tom....I may change my orientation based on your recommendation.  I know that a lot of folks compliment Oschar Schmidt guitars for the value they offer....I'll let y'all know how it works out.

Cheers, and thanks, again!

Dugly 8)