Username: Password:

Author Topic: IO14 Model  (Read 2871 times)

Offline frederkj

• View Profile
IO14 Model
« on: November 11, 2012, 08:31:31 PM »
Hi
Does anybody know this series ( IDOL OI14 ). Can get this guitar at a good price but can't seem to find any info on it exept from the store webpage:

" The OI14 is a modern take on the single cutaway and is quite innovative in its own way.

A wider base allows a thinner body to be used without balance issues.

The bolt on neck allows comfortable access to the upper register.

Classic Washburn Idol style
Solid hardwood body
Maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Dual humbucking pickup configuration superior pickups
2 Volume & 2 tone controls
3-way pickup selector
Chrome die cast tuners
Hardtail bridge/tailpiece
Color Metallic green "

Not finding any other info on it, including off the Washburn site is a major deterrent in purchasing this model.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: IO14 Model
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 10:37:52 PM »
The OI14 isn't a Washburn -- it's an Oscar Schmidt.

It's an okay-enough electric guitar. Can be had for $150 new, & under $100 used. Given that price range, I suspect you're overthinking it.

Re-read the ad copy: Classic Washburn Idol style. Translation: "if you turn off most of the lights & take off your glasses, you might think it almost looks like the real thing." ;) If you want a Gibson Les Paul, you probably shouldn't buy a "looks like" from Costco -- if you want a Washburn Idol, you might be a tad disappointed by the OI14.

If you're buying blind (pronounced "via Internet"), then like any other mail-order axe it'll probably require setup -- neck bow, intonation, string height, & height at nut, for starters, so factor in another $50-$100 unless you do that stuff yourself.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: IO14 Model
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:38:28 PM »
I have a Oscar Schmidt OE30 Delta King. It is a real nice copy of a very good guitar.. It is not a Washburn HB 35 & that is not a Gibson ES335 All three very nice guitars, just how much do I want to pay.  Same goes for you. I am  alone out in the country and my guitars are for fun, not making a living.  So I buy  with that in mind. Actually I am surprised how nice my guitar is, I don't see how they make and sell these for 175.00.     Tom.   :)