Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help in verifying a possible Davies N4  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Banthony

• View Profile
Help in verifying a possible Davies N4
« on: November 20, 2012, 09:08:32 PM »
Hey guys new to the forum and looking for help in verifying if I've found a Davies. I found the guitar on guitar centers site....serial number is 001492. Kahler term, rolled SEC with "handmade in the USA" and barrel input jack. I've been reading differing things so wanted to be sure before I bought. As they're holding it for me will try to get some  pics. Thanks.

Offline Clean Channel

• View Profile
    • Stephen's Extended Cutaway fanpage
Re: Help in verifying a possible Davies N4
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 12:22:57 AM »
That sounds right on to me!
My Stephen's Extended Cutaway (SEC) guitars:
1996 Stephen's Model S
1996 Stephen's Model T
1991 'Davies' Washburn N4
1988 Washburn EC36
1994 Washburn DC60-E

Offline Banthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 10:00:38 AM »
I just got additional pictures today.....back cavity configurations seem consistent with a Davies...rolled SEC still says Pat. Pending.  Did notice Washburn tuning pegs...could have been replaced and the toggle switch base is may have been changed...circular base...with an octagon type mount.  Spoke with Jon at FMKY and he thinks it's the real deal.

I'm on the N4rum but was having issues posting...then viruses as well.

Offline skeesik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »
I just got additional pictures today.....back cavity configurations seem consistent with a Davies...rolled SEC still says Pat. Pending.  Did notice Washburn tuning pegs...could have been replaced and the toggle switch base is may have been changed...circular base...with an octagon type mount.  Spoke with Jon at FMKY and he thinks it's the real deal.

I'm on the N4rum but was having issues posting...then viruses as well.

Based solely on the description and serial #, it's a Davies.  Don't worry about the Washburn tuners, I've seen them on many Davies.
*skee

Offline Banthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 11:51:06 AM »
Do you know why some Davies have Gotoh tuners and other's have the Washburn?  Was it simply a case of the Gotoh's were used on the early models and then Washburn provided their own pegs?  I know the 3rd N4 produced in 1990 has the Gotoh's but some of the Davies in the show your Davies N4 topic here have Washburn.  I'll post some pics of the Davies I'll soon have.

Offline Banthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »
I may not have enough post yet for the pictures.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »
Just use photobucket.com  it should work.   Tom.   :)  This will tell you how, if you dont already know.   http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,21807.0.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:05:15 PM by t.y. »

Offline xisut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 02:08:21 AM »
Online forums ate become common and reliable solutions for us in handling of requirements with professional ways. Student of every class want to hire bestessays essay writing service for their assigned projects.