Username: Password:

Author Topic: this has nutthen to do with guitars.  (Read 2385 times)

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
this has nutthen to do with guitars.
« on: September 30, 2012, 04:11:19 AM »
   New Wheels.    Tom.   :)      Memphis Shades Bat Wing and Memphis Shades Spoiler windshield, turn signal relocation kit. LED lights.Laid down plate. Diomond plate  grips pegs floorboards.Skull and flame shift linkage.  Screaming Eagle stage one air. Samson Street Sweepers no baffels just Samson Tourq Cones. 1450 HD ECM download. Vance & Hines Fuel Pack to control the fuel injectors. Now going to get the 204 cams and rods or 255 kit. Then paint. When I get it paid off,  112  to 128 inch big bore kit, plus stroker kit. clutch.   Tom.  :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:26:23 AM by t.y. »

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: this has nutthen to do with guitars.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:08:39 AM »
Looks fantastic, Tom!

I always wondered why the older bikes (for example, my 1972 Honda CB500) used spoked wheels when the technology existed for "mag" wheels...SO much more reliable, no issues with needing to be trued from time to time, easier to balance, that sort of stuff.

BTW....I still own the Honda and other than having to change out the factory 4-muffler exhaust for a set of Hookers it is very much in factory original condition. Someday I will spend way more than it is worth to restore it to usable condition (as long as the engine isn't frozen up it won't take much, a clutch cable, brakes rebuilt, new chain and sprockets), unless I sell it to satisfy a bad case of GAS.... ???

Big V-twins are fun!  Carry on!!!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: this has nothing to do with guitars.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 01:55:42 PM »
A little fuel oil and oil mixed and sprayed in cylinders  will keep it from freezing for years. or even straight oil. thats what I do to my pressure washer that only gets used every few years.     Tom.   :)  P.S.   Smokes like crazy when started though.  LOL. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:57:43 PM by t.y. »

Offline Dave Lewis Sr.

• Howdy Yall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »
Hummm,,,and I was riding Harley WAYYYY before the Evo hit the design table,,,,,,they still had kickstarters then too ,,I missem.
Dave
bend em tight and let er scream.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:50:32 PM »
My Sportster, 95, 1200XL Sport,  It had the Evo, Stage one air and jetted, Running generic shortie drag pipes straight.Progressive  11.5 shocks lowered two inches from 13.5, and a Harley Davidson Solo saddle, switched back and forth with the two up as needed. When it sat still it sounded like it was going to die it was so cammed, and dang near would shake its self down the road like a old style electric foot ball game. All chrome of course, man I never got my money back out of it but it was a wild ride.  Red with the black sport mags. it looked like new.  I had to trade it or I could not afford to get my Fat Boy. I love this counter balanced motor, so smooth and I love to slow roll the throttle and feel it pull, only a big twin can really give that torque and tone. I have had my share of Jap bikes when I was younger, from KZ1100 to strait Yamaha 550 bullet screamers, to the Honda sport. Now I am older and out of debt, I can Afford a Harley.  Cant wait to see your pic's.   Tom.   :) The guy I bought it from,   Did not no what cam it had been changed to.   :)